Meghan suffers miscarriage

Why did she announce it in NY Times then?
Understood, but my thoughts are that while in her case it's good to talk about an issue as serious as miscarriage among friends, family and to help others in her predicament, as Megan has been a target of certain papers in the past then sympathy in the papers today could indirectly make her tomorrow's target.

If the issue is raised by someone not a past target, then moving forward the issue of depression and grief due to miscarriage will remain the issue rather than the person themselves.

I understand there's a need to talk for some people, however, others consider it intensely private as I know from my own family past. What's good for one person is not necessarily the right path for another.

Just read her article.

Like most mothers (and indeed fathers) would, she grieves greatly at the loss of her child via a miscarriage.

Many of us have been there, and sympathise immensely.

What irks me is that in the abortion debate, the same lost child would not be considered a child at all, just a "bundle of cells" which she or any other mother should be free to dispense with as they please.

Great time to bring that up

Back