Mega-hurricane heading for Florida

I live just a bit to the left of where that yellow number 1 is. ^^

Just north of that horizontal pink county line, just to the west of that road going north-south.
Hopefully it really is a 1 or less by the time it comes near us!
Stay safe matey

Made it home and got the shutters up round the gaff. Storm now predicted to make landfall some way to the south so we may sidestep the worst.
Stay safe matey
Thanks - I feel bad for people who have shelled out to come here on holiday. As pricey as it is these days with a weak pound and instead of enjoying this beautiful state having to be holed up in a boarded up hotel or shelter in a school hall

Last edited:
Made it home and got the shutters up round the gaff. Storm now predicted to make landfall some way to the south so we may sidestep the worst.

Thanks - I feel bad for people who have shelled out to come here on holiday. As pricey as it is these days with a weak pound and instead of enjoying this beautiful state having to be holed up in a boarded up hotel or shelter in a school hall
Yep, 2 days in the hotel room now. No free food being provided, no water bottle being given, not the best response by Disney so far

I hope everyone keeps safe. Due to travel on Friday from Newcastle, not had anything from TUI yet. I'm not looking forward to telling the grandkids if its cancelled.

Are you going to any theme parks?

I only ask as one a bloke I speak to when picking the bairn up from school went to Florida two years ago when the last big hurricane hit. He said they had one day/night in the hotel where it was really bad but after that it was fine. Bonus was all the Americans stayed at home and the parks were virtually empty. They were even told to stay on rides if they wanted too
I was there then! Was amazing

Local livestream here. They're talking about this as being - at least - the third worst hurricane to hit Florida in recorded history. And it's strengthening...

I was there then! Was amazing
Irma? Aye, we were there. 2 days inside, then one day of partially open - then really most things were back to normal. But it was cool, which I quite liked, and most importantly, the parks were 20% full at most, and everything was walk-on.
Almost made it worth losing 2 days!

Irma? Aye, we were there. 2 days inside, then one day of partially open - then really most things were back to normal. But it was cool, which I quite liked, and most importantly, the parks were 20% full at most, and everything was walk-on.
Almost made it worth losing 2 days!
Hopefully we get no loss of life or any serious damage and something similar park wise

Sanibel Island and Marco Island (I've stayed there) are both predicted to be completely underwater. Storm surge expected to be up to 20 feet (3 feet is normally considered a threat to life and property). Massive amounts of rain will be coming on top of one of Florida's wettest Septembers on record.

Just been watching this. Up until a few minutes ago there were 3 daft bastards in the sea by the pier. Now disappeared. Guessing with the surge they’ll be fine as they’ll just be washed on to the beach, but still, absolutely mental.

Back