Mega-hurricane heading for Florida

Absolutely horrific scenes, hope that casualties are kept to an absolute minimum.

One other thing that crossed my mind though is all that flood water must surely be full of alligators, just to add to the fun.

In Orlando now, the TV is mental here, travelling all around the state showing blokes just standing out in it while debris flies around nearby. They reckon it's gonna hit us overnight tonight.

Looks terrible, but at least it is downgrading. Our flight has been changed from tomorrow to 3pm on Sunday.
Same flight as we were on, thinking of just getting a refund though as we were only due to be there for 1 week, so now down to 5 days and god knows what it will be like when we get there.
Think flooding is the biggest issue in central Orlando and the storm now seems to be heading directly over Melbourne airport so hopefully not too much damage there.

Same flight as we were on, thinking of just getting a refund though as we were only due to be there for 1 week, so now down to 5 days and god knows what it will be like when we get there.
Think flooding is the biggest issue in central Orlando and the storm now seems to be heading directly over Melbourne airport so hopefully not too much damage there.
On my third day here. Almost 24 hours from Manchester to check-in and yesterday and today it's stay in the hotel. Only here for a week too, so three days lost. Been getting emergency alarms on my phone all night, every hour. Like an air raid siren. Been a nightmare. Yesterday in Orlando it was rain mainly, but it's wild now and has been all night. Every channel is showing 24 hours coverage and it's been devastating for the South West of Florida. Just hoping it's clear soon, so my holiday will at least be 4 days, and all the residents here can go back to their lives.

Our neighbourhood got a hammering with wind and rain last night but no signs of major damage aside from tree debris all over the shop. I think the worst is over for us as landfall was some way south so we escaped the devastation others are having to deal with.

Looking at the pictures from Orlando on CNN just now I think getting a refund would be a wise move.

Sanibel Island and Marco Island (I've stayed there) are both predicted to be completely underwater. Storm surge expected to be up to 20 feet (3 feet is normally considered a threat to life and property). Massive amounts of rain will be coming on top of one of Florida's wettest Septembers on record.
Just seen that the Sanibel Causeway has collapsed at one point

Back