Mega-hurricane heading for Florida

saw this a few days ago, it may force SLS which is still sitting on the launch pad to be rolled back to assembly building to protect it. That would delay the already massively delayed launch even further.

I’m meant to be going there in October, hope it goes away by then.

Are you going to any theme parks?

I only ask as one a bloke I speak to when picking the bairn up from school went to Florida two years ago when the last big hurricane hit. He said they had one day/night in the hotel where it was really bad but after that it was fine. Bonus was all the Americans stayed at home and the parks were virtually empty. They were even told to stay on rides if they wanted too

Was there about 10 years ago and Disney moved the animals out (third time only ever), everyone boarded up their homes and a curfew was in place. The locals were warned many times before, but most of these storms bounce of the coast and don't come inland in the end. But this was to be the 'big one' and everyone acted accordingly. It didn't track inland in the end and on the news we watched the relief, but it was edged with politicians worried that they had cried wolf again and that the next time people wouldn't take precautions and sooner or later it would happen with dire consequences if people didn't take the warnings seriously.

I was there when Irma hit 😳 we were there for 3 gigs which all got binned off, we got evacuated out of our hotel in St Augustine & luckily got in the Holiday Inn near Disney Springs & holed up there, it was a mad night, lockdown in the area & only the fire door open to get out the hotel. I went out for a tab & all these emergency lads were out front & they like “ you ever experienced a hurricane?” I’m like na mate gets a bit windy back home but that’s about it, he says “maaan your in for a treat” 😂 to be fair the hotel put free free food on - pasta, pizzas etc & everything behind the bar was $4 which was class. Hit around 1-2am was fuckin wild 😳 Went for a walk next day & it was carnage trees, sign posts, traffic lights al ower - the day after that everything was open & you wouldn’t know it had happened.

Currently in Dominican Republic (I Knar, look at me etc) and our hotel in LaRomana got hit by Fiona on Sunday night/Monday morning.
absolutely trashed the place - they had to shut down the hotel and move us all north to Punta Cana.
woke up at 5am as it started to hit. By 6am, half the hotel roof was sat in the pool that our room looked out over

Are you going to any theme parks?

I only ask as one a bloke I speak to when picking the bairn up from school went to Florida two years ago when the last big hurricane hit. He said they had one day/night in the hotel where it was really bad but after that it was fine. Bonus was all the Americans stayed at home and the parks were virtually empty. They were even told to stay on rides if they wanted too
Aye, we’ve got a few Theme Parks planned in. That sounds canny then, nee queues and unlimited shots on the rides. Cheers for the heads up mate!

Back