medical advice 🙂

just split my head open at work. got a big plaster put on by the first aid gadgy here. he reckons the cut is small but deep. there was a canny bit blood mind. he's unsure wether it needs stitches or not.
didn't get knocked out and not feeling dizzy but it's starting to get a bit sore even though i feel fine.
i should mention i'm in the wagon, not too far away from where i'm based. i was planning to get back, let a lass who works there who used to be a nurse look at it then go to a walk in centre to see if it needs anything doing to it. my dilemma is i don't want to go if it's going to waste their time.
You MUST see a professional medic where a head injury is involved. There could be delayed reaction.

And re the pic you posted, get ready for the p*ss taking when you have your heed shaved with a tuft of hair around the injury/plaster site :lol:

Always go. I had a clash of heads once when playing sunday league. Felt fine, carried on playing. Tea time that night I collapsed in the house and was spewing up while unconscious. Funny things head injuries

Industrial accident ? not your fault?...if so and no matter how minor get a "non-fault" claim in. Soldiering on/ not making a fuss/ gets you SFA nowadays..I was KO'd by a dozy scaffolders shoddy workmanship last year, (insecure scaffolding platform)..First-aid lad phoned for an ambulance,.Site agent tried to over-rule him..I ended up in hospital overnight and off work for a month..Tribunal found in my favour..and even if the above advice is not applicable in your case, worth remembering that if you had just "soldered on " and blacked out while driving the wagon, they'd have thrown the book at you..

little update. got seen, the lad was canny rough mind. i think he thought i was joking when i said i had a very low pain threshold. he dug into it and cleaned it out, tried the glue but it wouldn't really take as it was still bleeding. gave me the option of stitching it that would definitely close it up or those strips that he couldn't guarantee. me being soft as clarts went for the strips.
had to have a tetanus as well. currently got a big pad type thing over it and an even bigger one over the top of that. he reckons it should be kept like that for a week and see if the strips have done the job. i bloody well hope so, i don't fancy stitches in my napper. the last time i had them was 50 years ago as a kid and screamed the hospital down.

little update. got seen, the lad was canny rough mind. i think he thought i was joking when i said i had a very low pain threshold. he dug into it and cleaned it out, tried the glue but it wouldn't really take as it was still bleeding. gave me the option of stitching it that would definitely close it up or those strips that he couldn't guarantee. me being soft as clarts went for the strips.
had to have a tetanus as well. currently got a big pad type thing over it and an even bigger one over the top of that. he reckons it should be kept like that for a week and see if the strips have done the job. i bloody well hope so, i don't fancy stitches in my napper. the last time i had them was 50 years ago as a kid and screamed the hospital down.

You will be fine mate.
Those strips will sort it out 👍

You will be fine mate.
Those strips will sort it out 👍
hopefully. dreading the mrs coming in from work. she'll be horrified but i reckon i can milk it a bit :D
the worst thing is, the dressings he's put on are pink-not good for the image.

as a sidenote, it makes you appreciate the nhs. not that i didn't beforehand but from 'phoning 111 to find out where i should be going with what is imo. trivial and getting sorted was about an hour and a half.

hopefully. dreading the mrs coming in from work. she'll be horrified but i reckon i can milk it a bit :D
the worst thing is, the dressings he's put on are pink-not good for the image.

as a sidenote, it makes you appreciate the nhs. not that i didn't beforehand but from 'phoning 111 to find out where i should be going with what is imo. trivial and getting sorted was about an hour and a half.

Superb the NHS.
Cutting some plasterboard out of a wall a few days before Christmas with a Stanley Knife - Few years back.
Daft as it slipped and cut the top half of my index finger, left hand.
Blood everywhere and deep. Had Stitches and thankfully the Mrs (no) picked up her phone and drove me to A&E.
The pain when the painkillers wore off was bad. Nice scar now but lucky.

Can‘t speak highly enough about the NHS.
I was really apologetic to the lad stitching me because I was daft and didn’t want to waste their time, couldn’t have been any better, real good lad and he kept telling me not to worry as done nothing wrong, was making it all light hearted.

👍 At least the Newcastle lot will leave you alone, war wounds when you steamed into Millwall single handed 😂😂🥊🥊

just split my head open at work. got a big plaster put on by the first aid gadgy here. he reckons the cut is small but deep. there was a canny bit blood mind. he's unsure wether it needs stitches or not.
didn't get knocked out and not feeling dizzy but it's starting to get a bit sore even though i feel fine.
i should mention i'm in the wagon, not too far away from where i'm based. i was planning to get back, let a lass who works there who used to be a nurse look at it then go to a walk in centre to see if it needs anything doing to it. my dilemma is i don't want to go if it's going to waste their time.
I dropped a crowbar on my head just above my eye. Two deep cuts. Steri stripped them and it was fine.

Back