Me Lad's going to Durham University

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's Sporty and Musical as well as academic so he has chosen St Hild and St Bede.

He says it hasn't sunk in until he walks in the room! ;)

Ha Ha, that's great mate. Hild Bede is traditionally the teaching college but it's expanded over the years. Great access to the riverside and town, plus close to student accommodation when not in college.

Got absolutely hammered in there once and ate all the white stripes cake from their green room during a gig.

Some proper wrang uns used to go there, but it's a good college now. It's bar reminds me of wearmouth Hall in the 1990s so it's Ok by me.

Ha Ha, that's great mate. Hild Bede is traditionally the teaching college but it's expanded over the years. Great access to the riverside and town, plus close to student accommodation when not in college.

Got absolutely hammered in there once and ate all the white stripes cake from their green room during a gig.
Cheers for this, I'll let him know..at least he can swim ;)

Just realized Hild Bede has a Chapel Choir and my boy spent 10 years in Gloucester Cathedral Choir...so he'll be mega happy

Students who aren't Rah's get bullied mercilessly, particularly the intelligent ones as money buys grades not brains dahling.

And that's just from the staff.

Bollocks. I just graduated there in June with a first. I often felt I stood out in what was a very middle class community because of my working class background, but I didn't feel the brunt of anyone for that be it students or staff. I knew a lad there who had came from Eton, he was a stuck up little wanker but honestly, it was a privilege to attend that institution.

Yes, the "culture" is different, but that is not a serious reason to discourage anyone and there is no class based bullying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Students who aren't Rah's get bullied mercilessly, particularly the intelligent ones as money buys grades not brains dahling.

And that's just from the staff.

Well that's just not true and isn't particularly helpful to someone who is about to send his son off there.

Bollocks. I just graduated there in June with a first. I often felt I stood out in what was a very middle class community because of my working class background, but I didn't feel the brunt of anyone for that be it students or staff. I knew a lad there who had came from Eton, he was a stuck up little wanker but honestly, it was a privilege to attend that institution.

Yes, the "culture" is different, but that is not a serious reason to discourage anyone.

First initial of lad in question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back