Me dad has now been in hospital almost 3 weeks

seeing your hero, weak and in pain is heartbreaking.
He’s had litres of fluid drained from his lung, he’s got a drain in his lung, the cancer has spread to his lung.
This sounds self pitying, it isn’t meant to, I just needed to vent.
I’m also knackered, and on 2 glasses of wine, will likely wake up tomorrow and think shit. What did I post and why
This must be so hard on you. I would be devastated if I were in your shoes. I will say a prayer for you and your dad. Keep venting on here as much as you want, please, just hope it helps.

You must have read my thoughts Janey, I was wondering how things were as you had been quiet. Thinking about you all. Big hugs coming your way xx
Thank you, at times I’ve not known what to say about him and combined with being knackered it’s not been easy. Thanks for the hugs xx

This must be so hard on you. I would be devastated if I were in your shoes. I will say a prayer for you and your dad. Keep venting on here as much as you want, please, just hope it helps.
Thank you I am devastated but I visit everyday stick a smile on me face, sort his Tele, for the footy make sure he’s comfy, make sure he doesn’t see my heart breaking and hope he gets home soon.
Venting here does help, we are great at supporting people x

Last edited:
Thank you, at times I’ve not known what to say about him and combined with being knackered it’s not been easy. Thanks for the hugs xx

Thank you I am devastated but I visit everyday stick a smile on me face, sort his Tele, for the footy make sure he’s comfy, make sure he doesn’t see my heart breaking and hope he gets home soon.
Venting here does help, we are great at supporting people x
stay strong, pal. I know we can be a bunch of horrible fuckers at time, but we truly are here for you.

He’s had litres of fluid drained from his lung, he’s got a drain in his lung, the cancer has spread to his lung.
I’m also knackered, and on 2 glasses of wine, will likely wake up tomorrow and think shit. What did I post and why
you post because it definitely makes it worse keeping it bottled.You need an outlet where you don`t have to be strong and can break down and talk shite if you need to. Sending hugs as always Janey

You and your family take care!

Take care Janey, this is certainly not self pitying. Everyone has different ways of dealing with situations like this. Do whatever you think is best

I'm sure he remembers 1977 very well and 3 points today will put a smile on his face
He does remember it, was the first time the buggers made me cry and me mam wasn’t in, he never could cope with his girls being ‘emotional’ :lol:
Still remember when me mam came home and asked how I was he said ‘I had to get the fire brigade to pump the floods away” :D

My dad killed himself and when I found out I wish I’d been a member on this place.

Nobody’s going to judge you for caring. I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through. Just remember that people on here are actually there if you need them.
So sorry about your dad xx

Back