Me dad has now been in hospital almost 3 weeks

seeing your hero, weak and in pain is heartbreaking.
He’s had litres of fluid drained from his lung, he’s got a drain in his lung, the cancer has spread to his lung.
This sounds self pitying, it isn’t meant to, I just needed to vent.
I’m also knackered, and on 2 glasses of wine, will likely wake up tomorrow and think shit. What did I post and why

Can't even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. If venting on here helps even in the smallest way then feel free

He’s had litres of fluid drained from his lung, he’s got a drain in his lung, the cancer has spread to his lung.
I’m also knackered, and on 2 glasses of wine, will likely wake up tomorrow and think shit. What did I post and why
Let it all out Janey. We understand

me dads mine anarl 88. and still a cantankerous old bugger hates the neighbours black and white tomcat who he calls Shearer always pelts things at it to chase it off his bird table, when i was minding @Nookie Bear dag Henry was round me dads when he chased it up the fence and within an inch of its life. he gave him a custard cream as a reward. love me dad :cool:

Chin up girl be strong for your dad! Xx
I am, everyday. while breaking on the inside x

me dads mine anarl 88. and still a cantankerous old bugger hates the neighbours black and white tomcat who he calls Shearer always pelts things at it to chase it off his bird table, when i was minding @Nookie Bear dag Henry was round me dads when he chased it up the fence and within an inch of its life. he gave him a custard cream as a reward. love me dad :cool:
:lol::lol:
That made me smile thank you x

Thinking of you and yours Janey xx
Thank you x

Last edited:

So does Henry , and your mam too as she makes him his own Sunday dinner and afters

Stay strong Janey
Your SAFC family is with ya x

You must have read my thoughts Janey, I was wondering how things were as you had been quiet. Thinking about you all. Big hugs coming your way xx

Nowt wrong with posting from the heart. I watched the life drain from my dad at his bedside. Remember the times he was your hero and the life he lived, easier said than done I know.

Awful, lost both my parents to Cancer, both not much older than I am now. No way for someone to die, but cherish every moment and stay strong, leave nothing unsaid and hold their hand.

My close friend lost his Mum yesterday in an instant from a sudden heart attack. He never had chance to say goodbye, I’m devastated for him :(

Awful, lost both my parents to Cancer, both not much older than I am now. No way for someone to die, but cherish every moment and stay strong, leave nothing unsaid and hold their hand.

My close friend lost his Mum yesterday in an instant from a sudden heart attack. He never had chance to say goodbye, I’m devastated for him :(
That’s horrid, so sorry x

Back