Me boiler is on the way out...

I've got a central heating boiler and I'm having to add water to get the pressure up about once a week. It heats up water in the cylinder but I've never liked it as we've basically got to heat up the full lot before we can have a shower etc. Would it be easier to get a combi-boiler as a replacement and what would the approx. cost?

You sure you dont have a leak somewhere?? Checked all radiators? Could be reason why you are having to keep toping it up. Cant help with out else.

I've got a central heating boiler and I'm having to add water to get the pressure up about once a week. It heats up water in the cylinder but I've never liked it as we've basically got to heat up the full lot before we can have a shower etc. Would it be easier to get a combi-boiler as a replacement and what would the approx. cost?
Hope it has a good night.

If you can afford it get a combi and only get a Baxi. Should cost about 1200 quid. As long as you get it serviced every year Baxi will give you a full warranty for up to 10 years. It'll cost about 40 quid for a service.

It will be emptying out the over flow. I'd guess your expansion vessel needs re-pressurised or replaced. Mine slowly loses air from it even though there is never any water in it. Every year or so I have to drain the system, re-pressure the expansion vessel and re-fill the system. Best get a heating engineer ifwhat I've said makes no sense or you can't be arsed to google it.

Edit - just read yours isn't a combi, so above probably won't apply to you! :)

Last edited:
If you can afford it get a combi and only get a Baxi. Should cost about 1200 quid. As long as you get it serviced every year Baxi will give you a full warranty for up to 10 years. It'll cost about 40 quid for a service.
You won’t get a Baxi combi fitted for £1200 with a 10 years warranty
Worcester Bosch are better but more expensive
£1200 you’re looking at a budget boiler
Get what you pay for

You won’t get a Baxi combi fitted for £1200 with a 10 years warranty
Worcester Bosch are better but more expensive
£1200 you’re looking at a budget boiler
Get what you pay for
That's what I paid this time last year. It was good family friend that done it like. There's also the option of going for the Potterton range. They're made by Baxi with Baxi parts.

Why only a Baxi? They're not exactly the best.

@ontap

Last edited:

Back