McNulty

His record at this level suggests very much the opposite. It really hasn’t worked here for some reason, but he definitely isn’t a shit league one striker. He’d start for any other team in the division. Like the other poster, I can’t help but think something is up with him. Not sure whether it’s just confidence, the system doesn’t work or something more, but it’s awful to watch him - he’s like a drowning puppy on the pitch at times.
If as has been mentioned, his family haven't moved (refused to) and he's living in a hotel, it's certainly not an ideal situation.

If as has been mentioned, his family haven't moved (refused to) and he's living in a hotel, it's certainly not an ideal situation.

Not sure it’s really an excuse though. I work away all weekend, get paid a hell of a lot less than Grigg does, only see my family 2 days a week, live in the spare room of a friend and turn up to work and produce what I’d like to think is a good standard of work. He’s got all the money in the world and could be chauffeur driven back to Lancashire every day after his massive 2 hour training session if he wanted to. Don’t know how these people would cope in the real world

Listening to the RR podcast it was a bit worrying that Donald wasn't sure if there was a January recall clause for McNulty. Eventually said he was 99% certain there wasn't. A bit daft if we've allowed that but worrying that the chairman doesn't know for certain.

Listening to the RR podcast it was a bit worrying that Donald wasn't sure if there was a January recall clause for McNulty. Eventually said he was 99% certain there wasn't. A bit daft if we've allowed that but worrying that the chairman doesn't know for certain.
What worries me more is this board .We constantly call for players to be signed when shitty reading sent him anywhere on loan .I think he is a good fit for us at this level but reading didnt want him in the champo will we.YES I KNOW HE IS PLAYING 100 PER CENT BETTER THAN GRIGG AND LONG MAY IT CONTINUE.

A bit unreasonable to expect him to recall every clause in every players contract from memory.

Well he wasn't shite at Wigan and his body language looks off. The lad looks unhappy.

Players are only human at the end of the day, we don't know what's happening in the lad's life, or he might be struggling to settle. It just seems odd how bad he's actually been. He looks as though he has zero confidence.
The beard says it all.

Be he locks himself at home listening to folk music and stuffing himself with hagen daaz dreaming of the heady days of Wigan.

Was holding his hamstring for a few mins before he went off. Did it chasing a ball over the top.

Good six weeks if he's done it. Hopefully just a tweak.
Did he go down when it happened or was he just "feeling" it?

I remember SKP doing his hammy v Liverpool in an end of season friendly and he went down like a bag of spuds. If McNulty was just giving it a rub then hopefully it's only a tweak rather than a pull/tear

Did he go down when it happened or was he just "feeling" it?

I remember SKP doing his hammy v Liverpool in an end of season friendly and he went down like a bag of spuds. If McNulty was just giving it a rub then hopefully it's only a tweak rather than a pull/tear

Went down holding it immediately but got up straight away and hobbled about because the ball was in play. As soon as the ball went out he sat down and got subbed straight off. Hopefully just a precaution but didn't look good tbh.

Hansting injury that sticks out most in my mind was Owens when he was a kid and you could almost see it snap while running and he went flying. Wasn't like that.

Last edited:
A bit unreasonable to expect him to recall every clause in every players contract from memory.

Agree but surely if we are taking lads on a season long loan then we are putting faith in our scouting that he is decent and a first teamer (otherwise what's the point?). I'd hope therefore that we would have this a standard requirement. As a very recent acquisition I'd assume he'd know one of the basics of a loan signing contract.
What worries me more is this board .We constantly call for players to be signed when shitty reading sent him anywhere on loan .I think he is a good fit for us at this level but reading didnt want him in the champo will we.YES I KNOW HE IS PLAYING 100 PER CENT BETTER THAN GRIGG AND LONG MAY IT CONTINUE.

You can never be certain with players but if we sign players permanently we are generally offering 2 year contracts these days. A loan for a season is less risk. A loan where we could lose an integral part of our team after 5 months is more of a risk.

Last edited:
Well he wasn't shite at Wigan and his body language looks off. The lad looks unhappy.

Players are only human at the end of the day, we don't know what's happening in the lad's life, or he might be struggling to settle. It just seems odd how bad he's actually been. He looks as though he has zero confidence.
Looks like every meal is bought from Greggs.

Grigg had seen his competition get injured early into the second half and Wyke gets the nod. Then he gets 10 mins to run at tired legs and show he should be the lad starting but barely gets going.

Honestly can’t fathom how he has scored so many goals at this level.

Early on despite missing chances I thought Grigg looked ok.
His all round game was fine, he just looked like a striker who needed a goal or two to spark him off.
There’s no doubt though since then his overall play has deteriorated.

Back