McNulty

no way has grigg been on £500k for years..he has been in league one fo a lot of it..where top whack is £300k.

why would SD know that off the topof his head? the head of fooball and the manager need to know offthe top of their heads..not the chaiman..who has to oversee every aspect of the club..

So the chairman is not interested in these details? As I said on another reply, if he's wanting to stop similar issues on contracts happening again I would have thought he'd instruct his employees on certain standards and requirements. If he hasn't he can have no complaints if there is no clause, McNulty is superb and is recalled by Reading in January.
Tbf to him he's got loads to contend with.
U heard the podcast? Excellent listen

Yes mate - appreciate that and maybe I am being a bit unfair.

Last edited:

So the chairman is not interested in these details? As I said on another reply, if he's wanting to stop similar issues on contracts happening again I would have thought he'd instruct his employees on certain standards and requirements. If he hasn't he can have no complaints if there is no clause, McNulty is superb and is recalled by Reading in January.
he chairmn cannot micro manage every detail of every department...and he didnt say he didnt know..he said he wasnt sure..I would expect the head of football to know that stuff off the top of his head..not the chairman...the chairman should be setting down the gorund rules...in road terms...and rusting the people he employsto deliver..

he chairmn cannot micro manage every detail of every department...and he didnt say he didnt know..he said he wasnt sure..I would expect the head of football to know that stuff off the top of his head..not the chairman...the chairman should be setting down the gorund rules...in road terms...and rusting the people he employsto deliver..

Appreciate that but if his main area is the finances then I would have thought contracts and terms/conditions of those are something he would well take a larger interest in. I'm not expecting him to know or quote player/management related issues etc. but he has said himself he wasn't happy with how we allowed certain things to happen in the past (contracts run down, youth player retention, etc.). As you said, he mentioned he was 99% certain so maybe just a detail he couldn't quite recall. I'll cut him some slack! :)

Appreciate that but if his main area is the finances then I would have thought contracts and terms/conditions of those are something he would well take a larger interest in. I'm not expecting him to know or quote player/management related issues etc. but he has said himself he wasn't happy with how we allowed certain things to happen in the past (contracts run down, youth player retention, etc.). As you said, he mentioned he was 99% certain so maybe just a detail he couldn't quite recall. I'll cut him some slack! :)
his main area is finance..not the football department. so he probably does watch what the finance department do very closely..and less so the football department.
if he doesnt trust the lawyer and football negotiator he should fire them..not interefere with what they are doing.

Just seen that he is likely to miss the next couple of games. Will be a miss.
Shame, but hopefully not too serious. Mind, in my experience, once a player had hamstring problems, he tended to always have them. That was experience from a good few years ago: maybe medical science has moved on since then?!

no way has grigg been on £500k for years..he has been in league one fo a lot of it..where top whack is £300k.

why would SD know that off the topof his head? the head of fooball and the manager need to know offthe top of their heads..not the chaiman..who has to oversee every aspect of the club..

Plus a few hundred grand signing fee each move, plus a goal bonus, plus an assist bonus, plus general team bonuses, plus anything else they earn...

Don’t act like they are hard up please - they live a much more privileged life than any of us. I work about 150 miles away from my family 5 days a week, 10 hours a day and only see them on a weekend. Doesn’t affect my work at all, so why should it affect little precious Will

Not sure it’s really an excuse though. I work away all weekend, get paid a hell of a lot less than Grigg does, only see my family 2 days a week, live in the spare room of a friend and turn up to work and produce what I’d like to think is a good standard of work. He’s got all the money in the world and could be chauffeur driven back to Lancashire every day after his massive 2 hour training session if he wanted to. Don’t know how these people would cope in the real world

Thid. Could probably afford to fly back every day.

Back