McMafia

I was confused, what do you think his face said about the phone call?

He'd already been warned by Vadim that "they come for your family first" and seen what had happened to Vadim and his daughter.. To me his face said he'd made his mind up and was turning his back on her as family to protect her and was going the whole hog with his business interests. That Mexican will turn nasty next series.

I enjoyed it and the subway chase was very well done but too many things left up in the air ready for the second series that I probably won't be watching. I wanted an ending to it all.

started well with global intrigue and should have continued in that vein... but after 3 or 4 episodes it all became very 'limited' and lost interest long before it finished. By the end didn't care anymore about remaining characters, while lead actor just went through with same facial expression (little boy lost) throughout most of series :rolleyes:

Also the script had lifted two important scenes from The Godfather part 2 and Godfather 3

I was confused, what do you think his face said about the phone call?
I saw it as realisation that his life had now changed completely. He couldn't respond to his ex and pretend that he was the man she thought she knew. That his former life was over...yeah I got all that from his face. :)

:lol:
I'm not a huge Norton fan but he was rather good playing against type in Happy Valley. I didn't watch Grantchester, but he was fine in War and Peace. Before that he was mainly in minor roles playing posh blokes. I may be in a minority but I don't mind him in Mcmafia.
I thought he was good in Happy Valley too but it was hard to be poor in that because of the brilliant writing. Like you, I thought he was OK in War and Peace but in everything else I've seen him in he's been garbage. I watched the first episode of McMafia and didn't find anything in it that made me want to continue.

Back