McGeady

do you honestly think someone would try play like that if there wasnt something in it for them? it was an embarrassment especially the manager allowing it to happen! yes bonus you will get a canny appearance fee for a final

And what about the games he played in while injured that weren't the final then? The manager 'allowing' it as though McGeady has told Ross he's coming on man :lol: :rolleyes:

Wrong.

Of course he could. He was clearly our best pla
That is the most ridiculous comparison that I have ever heard. A player who was our best player last season and arguably is still our most talented, who took a pay cut to stay....then becomes the scapegoat. Christ sake, 95% of us wanted Parky out a month ago as we were playing some of the worst football that I have ever seen us play. McGeady has obviously fallen out with the manager and been sidelined but to compare him to Rodwell is nothing short of madness. Fickle lot are football fans.
Rodwell was a sick note on obscene wages who lacked desire but did everything by the book to make sure he was never docked a penny. McGeady is a talented player on the ball but he lacks professionalism and seems to be a pain in the arse everywhere he goes. He's also a limited player off the ball which is a major flaw in the way we are set up now. Glad we are shot of Rodwell and I hope we get shot of McGeady. I think the real comparison with these two players is they were/are both unwanted by the club any many of its supporters. I'm your average fickle supporter and will support the manager in his decisions if he has a clear plan and is producing results.
Do you know what he’s done at sunderland to make him an arsehole?

Whats your opinion on mcguire? He’s a bit of an arsehole as well by all accounts
McGeady has caused problems for most managers at the clubs he's been at and you don't get isolated from the playing squad for having an infectious hardworking professional attitude so why your defending him so much is a bit weird We've arguably had one and a half decent seasons out of him so he's no club legend.McGuire comes across as an arsehole as well to be fair but he's working a lot harder from what i can see and he looks a lot sharper as do the rest of the starting players.

Last edited:
Rodwell was a sick note on obscene wages who lacked desire but did everything by the book to make sure he was never docked a penny. McGeady is a talented player on the ball but he lacks professionalism and seems to be a pain in the arse everywhere he goes. He's also a limited player off the ball which is a major flaw in the way we are set up now. Glad we are shot of Rodwell and I hope we get shot of McGeady. I think the real comparison with these two players is they were/are both unwanted by the club any many of its supporters. I'm your average fickle supporter and will support the manager in his decisions if he has a clear plan and is producing results.

McGeady has caused problems for most managers at the clubs he's been at and you don't get isolated from the playing squad for having an infectious hardworking professional attitude so why your defending him so much is a bit weird We've arguably had one and a half decent seasons out of him so he's no club legend.McGuire comes across as an arsehole as well to be fair but he's working a lot harder from what i can see and he looks a lot sharper as do the rest of the starting players.

McGeady didn't cause Grayson or Ross problems.

Mate he may or may not have disciplinary issues, but to mention him in the same post as Rodwell does you a disservice and him an injustice. He did more for us in one game when playing his best than Rodwell did in the entire 4 years he was here.

Clearly know he has been a good player for us on the pitch but it cannot help when you know players like Rodwell have went missing and trained with the young'uns whilst being payed good money - that is the culture we are trying to remove.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up going to America or Australia and the former are out of season so no rush.

Might have a problem coming to Australia. His age is a problem with getting a work visa, I think he has to be a 'marquee player' ( :) ) There's quite a few rules in relation to imports.

Clearly know he has been a good player for us on the pitch but it cannot help when you know players like Rodwell have went missing and trained with the young'uns whilst being payed good money - that is the culture we are trying to remove.
It’s not the principle involved mate, Its more the blunt comparison with him and Rodwell. Rodwell deliberately made himself unavailable and was a ghost and a coward on the pitch. As far as I’m aware McGeady hasn’t done this. None of us know for certain what he’s done. If he’s guilty of serious misconduct then he needs to be out of the squad and out of the club.

I posted this on another thread on 13th Jan;

Things can change but on Saturday I heard from a good source that McGeady is not planning on going anywhere.

He has never had words with or fallen out with PP
The issue is supposed bullying (as has been reported) but he denies it
He loves living in his house on the Ramside golf course. His kids are very happy at school in Belmont, he's on £30k a week and has 18 months left on his contract. He doesn't want to go anywhere else.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Our bairn goes to the same primary school/nursery and bit in bold yeah, not heard on the wages part mind. £30k :eek:

Aiden MgGeady was a giant for us last season, nearly won us the game against f***ing pompei single handedly.

This season however, somethings up.

I blame heartbreak

Back