McGeady

But I thought the owners were were shit, we didn't have a lot to piss in and everything was going tits up.

In the meantime we have shifted our highest wage earner (at a cost I'm guessing) to free up wages for new blood. We've signed a keeper, right back and are about to make another signing seen by many as a coup. Some of our younger players look like they are going to break through, looks like we have the money to keep McGeogh and McGeady looks ready to sign on.

Things arent bad are they. If we can sign another striker I would be delighted.

But I thought the owners were were shit, we didn't have a lot to piss in and everything was going tits up.

In the meantime we have shifted our highest wage earner (at a cost I'm guessing) to free up wages for new blood. We've signed a keeper, right back and are about to make another signing seen by many as a coup. Some of our younger players look like they are going to break through, looks like we have the money to keep McGeogh and McGeady looks ready to sign on.

They're hopeless, can't even successfully tout the league's best player about and end up getting rid of shite like Love instead. Wish we had Short, Bain and company back. Can't stand not paying over the odds for shite players

This would be very, very good news. He's a class above in this league and would be more than good enough in the championship. I know hes getting on a bit now but reckon theres at least a couple of decent years left in him.

They're hopeless, can't even successfully tout the league's best player about and end up getting rid of shite like Love instead. Wish we had Short, Bain and company back. Can't stand not paying over the odds for shite players

Christ I forgot about getting rid of Love as well.

Stop this positivity RIGHT NOW!

He was being touted out and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the MLS. Mind I'm not disputing that the lads gets to know stuff, it just feels like there's people outside of the club who are happy to use others to fuel their own agenda. We seem to be doing are business very quietly at the minute, which is how it should be. Mind if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up.
In @Speedy1976 defence we could have been touting him around. If we need to trim the squad and cut back on wages it would make sense. I'd imagine both side had a plan B. McGeady is going on 34 and he won't get a better deal at a better club in Britain than us. If the only clubs interested were in the MLS then it might have played a part. He was unhappy in Moscow and might not have fancied a move aboard. Also the wages in the MLS aren't great. It might not have been worth the extra the coin.

But Ross staying was the key factor. If we sacked him McGeady and McLaughlin would have left.

But Stewy has no money and was desperate to flog him, I definitely read it on here.

I forecast bybthe start of the season quite a few posters will be embarrassed by their tabtrums
From an outside perspective, it still doesn't look like a great move.

He's 33, and on big money. If he's signing a new contract, est case scenario for you is that he's re-signing for this year only on a reduced wage. If not, it means he'll be with you until he's 35 or older. As good as he was last season, he's still an old, injured winger, who wont get into your team if you're promoted.

If you got rid of him, you could have got a few good players in with that money. As it is, you'll likely be paying him as much (or more), just over a longer period time, which feeds the narrative that Donald doesnt have the money to run the club and is trying to save money now and hope he can get investment to pay it later.

From an outside perspective, it still doesn't look like a great move.

He's 33, and on big money. If he's signing a new contract, est case scenario for you is that he's re-signing for this year only on a reduced wage. If not, it means he'll be with you until he's 35 or older. As good as he was last season, he's still an old, injured winger, who wont get into your team if you're promoted.

If you got rid of him, you could have got a few good players in with that money. As it is, you'll likely be paying him as much (or more), just over a longer period time, which feeds the narrative that Donald doesnt have the money to run the club and is trying to save money now and hope he can get investment to pay it later.
Aye, you wouldn't have him in your team though...

Back