McGeady

There is regulation as to the minimum and maximum length and width.

Cheers,

Just had a quick Google,

According to the stipulations from FIFA a football field should have a certain minimum and maximum dimensions: The length (touch line) has to be minimum 90 metres (100 yds) and maximum 120 metres (130 yds). The width (goal line) has to be minimum 45 metres (50 yds) and maximum 90 metres (100 yds).

I honestly thought all footie pitches had to be laid out the the same dimensions, I learn something every day ;)

Cheers,

Just had a quick Google,

According to the stipulations from FIFA a football field should have a certain minimum and maximum dimensions: The length (touch line) has to be minimum 90 metres (100 yds) and maximum 120 metres (130 yds). The width (goal line) has to be minimum 45 metres (50 yds) and maximum 90 metres (100 yds).

I honestly thought all footie pitches had to be laid out the the same dimensions, I learn something every day ;)
Seamus McDoughnut like this post but knows size (of goals) matters...

Norwich did that with Ruel Fox in the 92 FA Cup semi final. The roar from their end when he came out for the warm up was huge. He was shite though as was clearly nowhere near fit
Was it not Robert Fleck? They had him in an oxygen tank to help the repair process speed up.

Cheers,

Just had a quick Google,

Once saw a ref at Ferryhill Athletic measure the pitch.

Cheers,

Just had a quick Google,

Someone should have a 100 yard x 100 yard pitch :lol:

Cheers,

Just had a quick Google,

Does any team have a square pitch? Don't think I've ever seen one as wide as 100 yards.

Wasn’t it impossible for us to beat Portsmouth without him last week? We played a very good Portsmouth side twice without him and never looked like losing. Yes McGeady would be a massive bonus but we can beat Charlton without him.
I would question “a very good Portsmouth side”
They were absolutely dreadful and struggled to put 3 passes together

It’s 5 yards narrower than the SoL/Wembley

Don’t think there has ever been a successful Sunderland side without a scattering of jocks like.

Maguire is gonna have the game of his life. Charlton will speak of him as we do Mendonca.

Interesting, cheers mate.

I would question “a very good Portsmouth side”
They were absolutely dreadful and struggled to put 3 passes together

A tough, committed Portsmouth side is probably a better way to describe them.

3 'class' saves? I remember the header. What were the others?

The others looked good, but had he not made them we'd have been giving him grief. They were right at him. I thought he commanded his area well mind, particularly when defending set pieces.

Last edited:
Cheers,

Just had a quick Google,

50 yards wide, really? Amazed at that. U7 mini soccer 5v5 have a 30 yard wide pitch.

Back