McGeady

Nah they will target him and may lose him immediately. Settle into the game, possibly get a goal and then bring him on for experience and free kicks and shots if need be.

Their strength is going forward, get them on the back foot and worrying about McGeady and you nullify their pace and threat. As seen last week against Donny they are poor at the back and we could take this game away from them quickly if we get about them early.

To me he starts. A McGeady training for 1 week will still be as effective as a few of our current lot with a full training behind him, its the type of player he is

Even if he does start and gets a knock, he has the summer to recover. I would respect Ross a lot more if he actually put a team out wanting to win rather than resting him and hoping we don't concede and go for a counter

Forget however many games we have played this season, this is the one game that will determine this season as a success or failure

Start him, can’t let this game get away from us, need to be on the front foot from the off
Possibly best approach. Was speaking to a Preston fan at work who says they had a similar situation with Paul Gallagher few years back who was barely fit. Started him, set up 2 goals and took him off after half an hour when 2 up.

To me he starts. A McGeady training for 1 week will still be as effective as a few of our current lot with a full training behind him, its the type of player he is

Even if he does start and gets a knock, he has the summer to recover. I would respect Ross a lot more if he actually put a team out wanting to win rather than resting him and hoping we don't concede and go for a counter

Forget however many games we have played this season, this is the one game that will determine this season as a success or failure

Has to

Get it won

No good chasing the game

I wouldn't consider bringing him off the bench incase he can't play on, at best that would a sub wasted or at worse having to play with 10. Either start him or don't play him at all.

For me he'd start alongside Maguire and Wyke.

Three from Power, Leadbitter, Honeyman, Cattermole in the middle.

Got to go out and try to win it from the start. Morgan, Gooch, Watmore, Grigg provide plenty options off the bench if he can't last.
Interesting to see out of that group who gets left out of the 18 as he will put a full back and a centre back on the bench

Back