McGeady

He has to play now Ross has said there is a chance. Charlton will be preparing for him to play. Imagine the impetus they’ll have if they see the team sheet without his name on.

I don't think it will change anything - you play who you play. The same goes for you with Vetokele being declared fit. I think if there is any doubt, you have to start him as bringing him on for him to break down wastes a sub. Same goes for Vetokele!

I don't think it will change anything - you play who you play. The same goes for you with Vetokele being declared fit. I think if there is any doubt, you have to start him as bringing him on for him to break down wastes a sub. Same goes for Vetokele!
Wee???

Not being funny but I’d never heard of Vetokele till two days ago.

Spent most of his career with us out injured or on loan. When he joined he was excellent, really quick and could finish well. Suffered with achilles injuries that weren't well managed. Only recently has he been showing the type of sharpness that we first saw.... then got injured again.

Not being funny but I’d never heard of Vetokele till two days ago.

He joined us a few years ago when we were in the Championship the season after the owner bought the club. He looked terrific and was scoring goals for fun. Then he got injured and it is claimed the injury was mis-managed. He is our highest earner on 7.5k a week and will be out of contract in June. He spent some time in the Belgian first division recently, but returned to us this season when he got injured again. It took him a while to get fit but didn't look the player he was and then dislocated his shoulder at Walsall. When he was fit again, Bowyer perservered with him - largely because he didn't have any choice due to us selling our top scorer in January. Gradually he got better and better to the point where he was looking like the old Vetokele again and, importantly, scoring goals. Then before the last game of the season, he picked up a knock and we thought he was out for the final as well as the semi.

The reason why it is a big deal for us is that we have Taylor and Vetokele, then Josh Parker. Then nothing really! A free from Gillingham. Josh has been doing better lately and winning us over with his workrate, but he is not in Vetokele's class. Despite being so light on strikers, Taylor and Vetokele (if fit) is very strong. They also have developed an excellent partnership which was a big bonus. Does that help?

Last edited:
He joined us a few years ago when we were in the Championship the season after the owner bought the club. He looked terrific and was scoring goals for fun. Then he got injured and it is claimed the injury was mis-managed. He is our highest earner on 7.5k a week and will be out of contract in June. He spent some time in the Belgian first division recently, but returned to us this season when he got injured again. It took him a while to get fit but didn't look the player he was and then dislocated his shoulder at Walsall. When he was fit again, Bowyer perservered with him - largely because he didn't have any choice due to us selling our top scorer in January. Gradually he got better and better to the point where he was looking like the old Vetokele again and, importantly, scoring goals. Then before the last game of the season, he picked up a knock and we thought he was out for the final as well as the semi.

The reason why it is a big deal for us is that we have Taylor and Vetokele, then Josh Parker. Then nothing really! A free from Gillingham. Josh has been doing better lately and winning us over with his workrate, but he is not in Vetokele's class. Despite being so light on strikers, Taylor and Vetokele (if fit) is very strong. They also have developed an excellent partnership which was a big bonus. Does that help?
Should we be looking at him if he is out of contract in June?

Thanks for that but not that interested. Can’t see us having to double up on him like you will McGeady.

There is no pleasure. I'm gutted. But being realistic about it. Relying on the King now for a moment of magic I reckon.
What makes you so sure McGready is out when there has been positive news from Ross, local journos and a couple of people who speak to him personally?

What makes you so sure McGready is out when there has been positive news from Ross, local journos and a couple of people who speak to him personally?

Managing his injury for god knows how long. He was set to play a part in the semis (well not really but that was the word at one point as it keeps the opposition guessing). It's obvious even if he plays he will be well short of 100%. A real shame tbh. If he's on the sheet I'd expect the opposition to give him a kick.

Last edited:
Managing his injury for god knows how long. He was set to play a part in the semis (well not really but that was the word at one point as it keeps the opposition guessing). It's obvious even if he plays he will be well short of 100%. A real shame tbh. If he's on the sheet I'd expect the opposition to give him a kick.
Presume you would only play him for 30min if needed

Back