Mcgeady been utter awful all season

has more quality than anyone but is 34, surrounded by crap, what do you expect?

I expect him to put a shift in ,regardless of the quality or the lack there of in the players around him . I expect him to break out of a jog now and again , after an attack has broken down because he couldn't find a team mate .
His passing in the attacking third was pathetic today and because of his lack of effort to recover the ball he had lost we are put under pressure time and again .
No point in having all the skill in the world if you can't be bothered to put more than 30% effort in .

Needs a thread of its own.
Mcgeady has been ducking dire all season. Looks far too overweight. Slow and looks finished to me.

But mate, football fans around the country have heard of him so he must be the best player in this league. Also, some of our other players have played in the Championship - some even in the Premier League - so that means we must have the best squad in the division and should be running away with the league. It doesn't matter other teams might have momentum, variation, pace, strength, hunger and in some cases up and coming young talent - we have Mcgeady. He's played in the Prem so we must have the best squad by a mile.

I'd love to know exactly to what extent Ross has been responsible for our recruitment over the past 16 months. If he has been in charge then I'm glad he's gone. If somebody else still at the club has been in charge then they nee to be sacked. Our squad might have the most recognisable names but as a functioning unit it is beyond awful. There is so much more to putting together a good team than just fielding recognised names. We have none of the things mentioned above and as a consequence our squad is rank average at best and I'm speaking relatively for the level we're at. If Ross did what he did last year despite the players at his disposal then he did a good job. If he was responsible for these players coming or in some cases staying then good riddance.

And I'm not excusing Parkinson here by the way. It was a massively uninspiring appointment and so far he's done nothing to change people's minds. I'm just saying the underlying problem for years has been recruitment and it continues to be. Despite what people like to claim, we have nowhere near the best squad in this league, on paper or otherwise.

Totally downed tools since his mate Jack left.

Rest of the team have done the same in my opinion. This was my main reason for sticking with Ross as the players loved him and limited as they are, they were trying to play for him.

I think this was one managerial sacking that will seriously backfire and already has. Ironically our hopes of promotion went when the vocal ones got their way and Ross left. Be careful what you wish for.

But mate, football fans around the country have heard of him so he must be the best player in this league. Also, some of our other players have played in the Championship - some even in the Premier League - so that means we must have the best squad in the division and should be running away with the league. It doesn't matter other teams might have momentum, variation, pace, strength, hunger and in some cases up and coming young talent - we have Mcgeady. He's played in the Prem so we must have the best squad by a mile.

I'd love to know exactly to what extent Ross has been responsible for our recruitment over the past 16 months. If he has been in charge then I'm glad he's gone. If somebody else still at the club has been in charge then they nee to be sacked. Our squad might have the most recognisable names but as a functioning unit it is beyond awful. There is so much more to putting together a good team than just fielding recognised names. We have none of the things mentioned above and as a consequence our squad is rank average at best and I'm speaking relatively for the level we're at. If Ross did what he did last year despite the players at his disposal then he did a good job. If he was responsible for these players coming or in some cases staying then good riddance.

And I'm not excusing Parkinson here by the way. It was a massively uninspiring appointment and so far he's done nothing to change people's minds. I'm just saying the underlying problem for years has been recruitment and it continues to be. Despite what people like to claim, we have nowhere near the best squad in this league, on paper or otherwise.
Big clue about who signed up these shower, Ross again was not given any figure of what his budget was for the last transfer window despite asking again and again. I suspect that this was also the case for previous windows. The money spent on Grigg looks like a non football coaching person's signed deal, this is a big clue to the recruitment policy and who signed them.

Rest of the team have done the same in my opinion. This was my main reason for sticking with Ross as the players loved him and limited as they are, they were trying to play for him.

I think this was one managerial sacking that will seriously backfire and already has. Ironically our hopes of promotion went when the vocal ones got their way and Ross left. Be careful what you wish for.

They certainly weren't playing for Ross away at Lincoln.
Ballgreedy, lazy, selfish and all about himself. Unfortunately he isn’t the only one.

Maguire is definitely in that list too, he loves to slow play down to make it all about him then balls it up.

Last edited:
Whether it's Bent, Maja or McGeady it's an incredibly bad idea to rely heavily on one player.

All three were unreliable and all three knacked the club when they stopped playing well.

Back