McDonalds' casual Rcism

:lol: it's nuts. I haven't seen the advert but if it's as described in the OP I find it staggering that anyone could see racism in it. Then they come on here having a pop at racists even tho they're the only one to have thought it..... Hhmmmmmm
I think what he's saying is it's a no win situation for the advertisers. If they don't have ethnic groups represented in ads they are accused of not being inclusive. If they do use black actors in a ad like that one they are accused of saying black folk are only good for burger flipping. They can't win.

I think what he's saying is it's a no win situation for the advertisers. If they don't have ethnic groups represented in ads they are accused of not being inclusive. If they do use black actors in a ad like that one they are accused of saying black folk are only good for burger flipping. They can't win.
Spot on there mate.

I have no idea how the first thing anyone's brain processes is that the person is black. I wouldn't even think twice about it. It's just a lass serving some bait.
First thought was what a nice advert.

Later thoughts were, I'm pretty sure someone somewhere will imagine it's racist, and someone somewhere will imagine it's positive discrimination, while most of us (me included) wouldn't care.

Whilst I don't know these people personally, and can't vouch for their thoughts, they more than likely exist.

So you're making things up about people you have made up that may or may not have interpreted an advert in a certain way?

It's a tough follow this, but I'm committed.
No, see above. I'm able to think about what other people think, without it determining my own opinion.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Nowt. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Back