McCann Doc coming to Netflix

The PJ were not aware at the the time that it was inconclusive, but it remains the fact that the DNA strands did match Maddie.

The PJ were fully aware that the test was inconclusive when they leaked the info to the press and from memory that particular leak may well have led to Amaral's sacking.

The DNA sample also could have matched thousands of people - possibly both you and me.

Stop being disingenuous.

The PJ were fully aware that the test was inconclusive when they leaked the info to the press and from memory that particular leak may well have led to Amaral's sacking.

The DNA sample also could have matched thousands of people - possibly both you and me.

Stop being disingenuous.

Amaral was not sacked, now who is being disingenuous?

On the DNA I certainly do remember a mix up in the interpretation of the facts sent from England, I'll dig that up later.

The DNA was degraded as you probably know, and did match Maddie.

Horseshit. It matched several of the scientists in the lab that examined it as well. You know this already because you've been shown the Portuguese police report many times, so why do you keep making stuff up?

"Elements of Madeline's profile are also present within the the profiles of many of the scientists here in Birmingham, myself included. it's important to stress that 50% of Madeline's profile will be shared with each parent. It is not possible in a mixture of more than two people, to determine or evaluate which specific DNA components pair with each other. Namely, we cannot separate the components out into 3 individual DNA profiles.

Therefore, we cannot answer the question: is the match genuine or is it a chance match.
"

Report From Ministry of Justice

Last edited:
Horseshit. It matched several of the scientists in the lab that examined it as well. You know this already because you've been shown the Portuguese police report many times, so why do you keep making stuff up?

"Elements of Madeline's profile are also present within the the profiles of many of the scientists here in Birmingham, myself included. it's important to stress that 50% of Madeline's profile will be shared with each parent. It is not possible in a mixture of more than two people, to determine or evaluate which specific DNA components pair with each other. Namely, we cannot separate the components out into 3 individual DNA profiles.

Therefore, we cannot answer the question: is the match genuine or is it a chance match.
"

Report From Ministry of Justice

Thats not a very scientific report, funny that, cop yerself on. DNA matched, and all the other stuff yet you still persist in defending.

Did the DNA match Maddie? Simple question yes or no?

Mine was a sarcastic comment because you seem to have bumped a thread that petered out 5 months ago.

I'm more than happy to discuss this matter when I'm convinced that your understanding of the use of DNA as forensic tool is sufficient for you to recognise that insisting upon a simple binary answer to your transparently loaded question is spectacularly gormless.

Mine was a sarcastic comment because you seem to have bumped a thread that petered out 5 months ago.

I'm more than happy to discuss this matter when I'm convinced that your understanding of the use of DNA as forensic tool is sufficient for you to recognise that insisting upon a simple binary answer to your transparently loaded question is spectacularly gormless.

I thought the topic was worth a return given the stories about the McCanns and Amaral in the press recently.

As for the DNA, my point is that the DNA available matched Maddie, unfortunately it was highly degraded, from bleach I'd imagine. The point is it could have ruled out Maddie and it didnt.

Back