Mayweather Vs McGregor 26th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the live work out here - as much as I want Connor to win he just looks literally slow motion compared to Mayweather on the bags.

Seems Connor is regularly switching between orthodox and south paw , maybe that's the grand plan...

Faster on every bag side by side from what i've seen. Throwing over 300 punches some rounds too.

Just seen a video of it on fight night. Looks sharp. Cant tell if the knockdown was from a step on the foot though. Southpaw v orthodox it happens a lot especially in gym

Yeah he looks good but it is against an out of shape paulie, footage is from later rounds I think as well.

Saying that though paulie wanted the push released and he's still whining on a bit.

Not really a fan of talking about sparring and even more so releasing footage. Can see why it's been done though.

Just watched the sparring footage with Paulie and McGregor still looks crude as fuck. Winging punches in from wide with zero head movement.

He obviously has power, but that's not going to be enough for him.

McGregor looks better than I thought, and there's one left hand he lands that cracks Malinaggi's head right back. Paul has come across as a right bellend through all of this, he should just keep it shut until after the fight, because there's no way McGregor is winning this still.

Im not reading too much into this as it's nothing more than a sparring session but he's looking sharp at least.

Still can't see him winning at all like but he certainly looks a better boxer than I thought.

Im not reading too much into this as it's nothing more than a sparring session but he's looking sharp at least.

Still can't see him winning at all like but he certainly looks a better boxer than I thought.

You are right about it being sparring and doesn't mean much, and he does look strong and has power in his punch but that was never in any doubt.

My worry for McGregor is that if he stays static in the pocket like that against Floyd, he'll end up getting stopped.

You are right about it being sparring and doesn't mean much, and he does look strong and has power in his punch but that was never in any doubt.

My worry for McGregor is that if he stays static in the pocket like that against Floyd, he'll end up getting stopped.

The only way I can see him being stopped is body shots

The only way I can see him being stopped is body shots

He has the power in his hands to stop someone, he's just chosen to limit how much of his power he uses due to injuries through the years. I wouldn't stake any money on it, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him stop McGregor in the mid to late rounds.

He has the power in his hands to stop someone, he's just chosen to limit how much of his power he uses due to injuries through the years. I wouldn't stake any money on it, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him stop McGregor in the mid to late rounds.

Cant disagree too much with that either. Think a lot might depend on what gloves they end up using as well.

Agree that he has more power than credited for, but not only are his hands fucked, but he's also heavier and changed his entire style to how he used to fight to adapt. I wouldn't be surprised with a referee stoppage if he's just landing too many clean, head snapping shots

Cant disagree too much with that either. Think a lot might depend on what gloves they end up using as well.

Very surprised if it's not 10oz. Both wearing Grant.

Agree that he has more power than credited for, but not only are his hands fucked, but he's also heavier and changed his entire style to how he used to fight to adapt. I wouldn't be surprised with a referee stoppage if he's just landing too many clean, head snapping shots

Very surprised if it's not 10oz. Both wearing Grant.

Yeah I think the whole 8oz thing is just hype but it would be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back