Mayweather v McGregor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge fan of McGregor but did anybody see his Instagram video recently of his sparring? If this is a boxing match then it is not going to go well for him at all - it could literally be Mayweather taking the piss,out of him / humiliating him in front of the biggest PPV audience ever.

Obviously, in anything other than a straight up Boxing match - McGregor would fill him the fuck in

Reactions: PTR

It could take years of legal battles to even get it approved along with an injunction to stop McGregor fighting in the UFC while it is ongoing

McGregor would have to terminate his contract with the UFC (he has said multiple times he loves MMA not boxing) so would never fight for the UFC again

If McGregor does find some loop hole and a court agrees, then does book a fight with Mayweather while under contract with the UFC, the UFC could give him a fight date for UFC the same time as his fight with Mayweather and could be sued for not taking it

Also at the bottom of the article it says,

"All this is likely academic, for I very much doubt that that any of this is in the works. Still, if you need something to keep your Mayweather vs McGregor fantasies alive, well I've given you a scenario that hopefully does just that."

Yep it could take years. But what other way is there? Dana is offering peanuts compared to a normal Floyd purse.

I don't think McGregor would actually want to fight in the UFC again if the Floyd fight comes off. Didn't sound very enthusiastic about another fight in the UFC in his sit down with Helwani.

The point of the whole scenario is to invalidate McGregor's UFC contract so he's free to fight Floyd, though. I doubt they would try it with his contract intact like you said.

I agree it's a long shot though.

Yep it could take years. But what other way is there? Dana is offering peanuts compared to a normal Floyd purse.

I don't think McGregor would actually want to fight in the UFC again if the Floyd fight comes off. Didn't sound very enthusiastic about another fight in the UFC in his sit down with Helwani.

The point of the whole scenario is to invalidate McGregor's UFC contract so he's free to fight Floyd, though. I doubt they would try it with his contract intact like you said.

I agree it's a long shot though.

McGregor is just flexing again like he did when he didn't want to go to the press conference and they pulled him from the card

By getting a boxing license and saying all this stuff he is just trying to force the UFC's hand

In that sit down with Helwani he sharp went back on his comments about doing it without the UFC

He said he wants to do it with the UFC because he knows it isn't going to happen without them

I think he will fight in the UFC regardless if he fights Mayweather or not

His passion is MMA and the way he likes to spend money he needs to keep earning, going through years of courts and legal expenses against the UFC is exactly what he won't do IMO

McGregor is just flexing again like he did when he didn't want to go to the press conference and they pulled him from the card

By getting a boxing license and saying all this stuff he is just trying to force the UFC's hand

In that sit down with Helwani he sharp went back on his comments about doing it without the UFC

He said he wants to do it with the UFC because he knows it isn't going to happen without them

I think he will fight in the UFC regardless if he fights Mayweather or not

His passion is MMA and the way he likes to spend money he needs to keep earning, going through years of courts and legal expenses against the UFC is exactly what he won't do IMO
I predict he fights either Khabib or Ferguson in July.

According to Irish radio he's in Las Vegas to sort out his fine with the Nevada State Commission. The whole thing is a joke.

He met with commission executive director Bob Bennett and chairman Anthony Marnell to sort out the fine because he can't get a boxing license until that is sorted.

They are scheduling a hearing to sort it

I think I'll lose respect for both of them if this fight happens. Both just in it for a massive pay day, anyone with half a brain realises if its a MMA fight McGregor wins and a boxing fightMayweather does. If they turned round and said it's for a charity or a good cause then fair play, but to feed their egos and bank balances further than they already are then no thanks.

You could pick any boxer in the top 50 at the weight and they'd beat McGregor.
If it happens it's just a money making farce.

He met with commission executive director Bob Bennett and chairman Anthony Marnell to sort out the fine because he can't get a boxing license until that is sorted.

They are scheduling a hearing to sort it
I couldn't make out what they were saying but I knew he'd be in Las Vegas to sort out a fine with the Nevada Commission. I could be wrong but if didn't pay the fine he might not be allowed to fight in Las Vegas at all, even for the UFC.

McGregor will knack any boxer easily, he will school Mayweather in the art of boxing and anyone else who wants a piece
No here wouldn't mate. McGregor isn't a boxer. Just because he has a good left hand doesn't make you a good boxer. I'm guessing this is a whoosh too!:lol:

It needs to happen, sick of the talking on the internet. I will happily pay to see Mayweather knock Mcgregor out and then have done with it.

I couldn't make out what they were saying but I knew he'd be in Las Vegas to sort out a fine with the Nevada Commission. I could be wrong but if didn't pay the fine he might not be allowed to fight in Las Vegas at all, even for the UFC.

No here wouldn't mate. McGregor isn't a boxer. Just because he has a good left hand doesn't make you a good boxer. I'm guessing this is a whoosh too!:lol:

He would knock him out in the 1st 20 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back