Mayweather v McGregor

Status
Not open for further replies.
There both wankers but you can't not give Mayweather credit for what he's done. McGregor on the other hands done nothing.

Hand picked fights to increase the UFC popularity and refuses fights he knows he will get destroyed in.
That's harsh as fuck he has won two world titles at different weights. One against a champion undefeated in ten years.

McGregor is a Poundshop Mayweather. His whole acted is kind of WWE imo. It's funny how McGregor is right to chase the money but if a footballer moves to China for £400,000 a week he's a mercenary!

My mate keep telling me Mayweather dodges big fights but McGreogor hasn't defeated a title yet!
Has anybody ever defeated a title?

I can understand Mayweather doing it, he's retired, he'll make mega money for a relatively easy fight. Feel a bit let down by Mcgreggor chasing the money when there's fights to take in MMA. He's like Mayweather lite on IG and twitter, posting photos of cars and clothes. Meh.
If Mayweather wins it'll be his 50-0

What a shit fight for him to get the record.

Reactions: PTR
That's harsh as fuck he has won two world titles at different weights. One against a champion undefeated in ten years.

Yes with a lucky punch and has ran away ever since. Plus he's never been a champion in either division.

You need to defend your belt to be the champion. Which he hasn't and I doubt he ever will

Reactions: PTR
mayweather would do what he always does scoring well while frustrating mcgregor and it would be a matter of time before he made a mistake (or multiple) for mayweather to floor him

Yes with a lucky punch and has ran away ever since. Plus he's never been a champion in either division.

You need to defend your belt to be the champion. Which he hasn't and I doubt he ever will
Ok. He ran away to another division where he absolutely schooled the champion.
I agree with some of your points but to say he has done nothing is ridiculous imo.

Mayweather on points don't think floyd has the power to knock mccgregor out this fight grabs the imagination for me it's a big what if but what if mcgregor catches him clean with that left straight on the chin ?? The power mcgregor has is outstanding the other thing I don't think mcgregor cardio anywhere near good enough

McGregor can't fight without permission from the UFC because he has a contract with them.

UFC offered them both $25m to fight, Floyd won't accept anything less than $100m plus PPV.

Dana White has just said a couple of days ago, McGregor has 4 fights left on his contract so he needs to fight his contract out then do what he wants with boxing.

Sounds like it isn't happening tbh.

McGregor can't fight without permission from the UFC because he has a contract with them.

UFC offered them both $25m to fight, Floyd won't accept anything less than $100m plus PPV.

Dana White has just said a couple of days ago, McGregor has 4 fights left on his contract so he needs to fight his contract out then do what he wants with boxing.

Sounds like it isn't happening tbh.
Can they stop him doing another sport though? I guess that's the question.

Can they stop him doing another sport though? I guess that's the question.

Yes, it states in his contract he can't do another combat sport without the UFC's permission, UFC are not daft.

(That was from the mouth of Dana White and also McGregor has said himself he needs a loop hole like the Ali act to get round it, even then UFC will no doubt have something in contract about that)

Yes, it states in his contract he can't do another combat sport without UFC permission, UFC are not daft.
So they will need paying off then? I would have thought they'd be all for it will bring a lot of attention to them.
Is it even likely to be sanctioned? Someone who has never boxed before against one of the greatest of all time?

So they will need paying off then? I would have thought they'd be all for it will bring a lot of attention to them.

The UFC want to make the most money from it, that is the issue, and they will want to be the promoter for it.

If Mcgregor and Mayweather both want $100m plus % of PPV, how much is really left for the UFC?

Not a lot tbh

The UFC want to make the most money from it, that is the issue, and they will want to be the promoter for it.

If Mcgregor and Mayweather both want $100m plus % of PPV, how much is really left for the UFC?

Not a lot tbh
No idea wouldn't have a clue on the amounts involved. it will very much depend on the stance they take. Either a cut of something or nothing of anything plus the crossover they might get from it.

No idea wouldn't have a clue on the amounts involved. it will very much depend on the stance they take. Either a cut of something or nothing of anything plus the crossover they might get from it.

Or they can just keep Mcgregor under contract and continue to make $120m from a PPV that he is on with plus $20m gate sales with the UFC

He won't even last 3 rounds doubt this fight will ever happen though.

He needs to stop being a pussy paper champ and actually defend a belt rather than making excuses. Till he does that he's not even a true undisputed champion in my eyes.
This .

Ok. He ran away to another division where he absolutely schooled the champion.
I agree with some of your points but to say he has done nothing is ridiculous imo.
He done well in the featherweight division. But Dana White has more or less giving him what he wants. White was against having 2-weight champs because of the titles been inactive but he let McGregor go for 2-weight titles. McGregor held the featherweight title for over a year without defending it. He fought Diaz twice and Alvarez once in that time. Diaz beat him soundly but had to give him a rematch, something that was refused to Aldo. He got the Diaz rematch and then a title shot at lightweight. After beaten Alvarez he said he was taking a break because his wife is pregnant so the lightweight title is inactive. But now he will fight Mayweather in a boxing match, something Dana White also said wouldn't happen and blocked Silva fighting Roy Jones Jr. So now the lightweight title will be inactive for a year. The UFC should grow a pair of balls and tell McGregor he has to defeat his title against Diaz or whoever the no.1 contender is by the summer or he'll be stripped of it. They should remind him that he's contracted to them and block this Mayweather fight or tell him he has to buy out his contract if he wants to fight Money.

Has anybody ever defeated a title?
I have SAFC spell check on my PC. It didn't recognize the word 'defend'.

Last edited:
Or they can just keep Mcgregor under contract and continue to make $120m from a PPV that he is on with plus $20m gate sales with the UFC
Wouldn't they get that anyway in addition to this plus possibly more if he picks up a whole new raft of fans.
They also run the risk of pissing him off totally without many other stars. It will be a balancing act.

He done well in the featherweight division. But Dana White has more or less giving him what he wants. White was against having 2-weight champs because of the titles been inactive but he let McGregor go for 2-weight titles. McGregor held the featherweight title for over a year without defending it. He fought Diaz twice and Alvarez once in that time. Diaz beat him soundly but had to give him a rematch, something that was refused to Aldo. He got the Diaz rematch and then a title shot at lightweight. After beaten Alvarez he said he was taking a break because his wife is pregnant so the lightweight title is inactive. But now he will fight Mayweather in a boxing match, something Dana White also said wouldn't happen and blocked Silva fighting Roy Jones Jr. So now the lightweight title will be inactive for a year. The UFC should grow a pair of balls and tell McGregor he has to defeat his title against Diaz or whoever the no.1 contender is by the summer or he'll be stripped of it. They should remind him that he's contracted to them and block this Mayweather fight or tell him he has to buy out his contract if he wants to fight Money.

I have SAFC spell check on my PC. It didn't recognize the word 'defend'.
He has given him what he wants because he is far and away the biggest star.
I don't really dispute what you are saying but to deny he has done anything is still ridiculous. He ran through the featherweight division and tbf to him was only in against Diaz because RDA pulled out. Many wouldn't have taken the fight. I agree giving him a rematch was bowing to him but it also made huge financial sense for the UFC.
He then made Alvarez look very poor in a title fight.

I wouldn't worry too much about championships being inactive they can just have one of the hundreds of interim title holders fight!

They could enforce the contract possibly depending on the legal ramifications, they will need to balance what is best for them in the long term.

Last edited:
Wouldn't they get that anyway in addition to this plus possibly more if he picks up a whole new raft of fans.
They also run the risk of pissing him off totally without many other stars. It will be a balancing act.

They could possibly make that but it would depend how much they make on gate sales and PPV

Everyone is presuming it would be the biggest ppv of all time (I think it would be) but the fact is, it is impossible to know

It would be all risk on ufc side, that is why they offered them $25m each, minimizing risk.

There both wankers but you can't not give Mayweather credit for what he's done. McGregor on the other hands done nothing.

Hand picked fights to increase the UFC popularity and refuses fights he knows he will get destroyed in.

What utter bollocks that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back