Maybe gyms aren’t that safe, after all...

Your last sentence answers your own question. Most gym goers are younger, generally healthy, people who are the most likely to spread it around without knowing about it, as they’re the least likely to develop any symptoms. Plenty of workplaces operate under rapid testing, so probably picked up the positive through that and went down for a PCR to confirm. Was likely just like you and asymptomatic - hell, why would you want to go to the gym with covid symptoms?
Yeah, I'm a very young 63 😊
As for going to the gym with symptoms, some people are gym obsessed .

Yeah, I'm a very young 63 😊
As for going to the gym with symptoms, some people are gym obsessed .
Always exceptions, but generally they are young and/or healthy people who won’t show symptoms. Both my parents have had it, and trust me you wouldn’t be able to go to the gym if you had covid and started suffering even mild symptoms.

Felt safer in mine than going grocery shopping. Protocols followed bar one or two dickheads, plenty of cleaning equipment and being as I would stick to my routine of going around 6.30/7.00am it was very quiet especially those times on a Saturday morning.

Can’t wait for them to open. I’ll be there in a shot.
As someone who gets up at 5.15 to go to gym, my motivation, this lock down had been shocking. Dark mornings and nights didn’t help at all.
So I signed up for the 10,000 steps a day in March for cancer research. was obviously to raise money but also to give me a kick up the arse.
Roll on and fingers crossed for 12th April

Back