May voting thread - Environmental portraiture.

Shot of the month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My votes are based on the following:

Taipei SAFC - I like this photograph, It appears a bit bright in the white bits?? The children look like they are brother/sister, and Mum and Dad, have told them to look after the stall, which they don't mind, but they are a bit bored with it and are likely up for some mischief if it could be had. VOTE

Cheers for the vote and nice comments, I think it is a little overexposed in places due to the limitations of the both the camera and (mainly) the photographer. I could have fiddled with it in Photoshop or Lightroom but I find I am using those less and less and really trying to go straight out of the camera for entries now.

Cheers for the vote and nice comments, I think it is a little overexposed in places due to the limitations of the both the camera and (mainly) the photographer. I could have fiddled with it in Photoshop or Lightroom but I find I am using those less and less and really trying to go straight out of the camera for entries now.
For photography skills I think this is right. For effects skills then the computer aids are fine.

Have looked at the pics loads of times and have had a real problem trying to decide who to vote for that grabs me and that fits the theme.
My personal interpretation of the theme (could quite possibly be a load of bollocks) is this and this has determined my vote - you can probs see why i discounted your pic even though it was probs very good and i quite possibly liked it.
"This is me, this is what i am , this is what i do - it is not an act it really is me, these are my surroundings". As it was a portrait i also looked for a pic that was obviously clearly recognisable as that person and must admit i was influenced away from groups and animals.

Tom Tom -liked it a lot, close to getting a vote.

Les - didn't like it at all, thought it very average for the first half dozen times i looked at it but strangely it started to grab me the more i looked at it and really like it now - VOTE.

Hue - interesting pic another disguised one though and animal

Peachbum - 2 people (arbitrary i know) felt slightly staged but still good idea and nearly got a vote. TBH it was one of the things i had considered.

Taipei - usually like your pics a lot but this one didn't grab me not sure why not - maybe seeing the kids working hard loading stuff might have done it for me.

Elliot - liked this and thought it very professional except slight shadowy mark on person's face. Surprised it did not get a lot of votes - although it is their work i still did not feel as though i knew the person as it is just an act (had similar feelings about a few others see below)

Matt - initially - animal, too easy... but again it really grew on me and it really fitted with my "this is me this is what i do criteria" VOTE

Digger - just didn't grab me for this theme

Thank heaven - still undecided on this - i wonder where they are

Amnorrageordie - if that had been a traffic warden or jobsworth i would have been lmao , but take it was a different band member - not quite doing it for me

Great soprendo - really good pic not surprised it has been well voted for didn't really meet my personal criteria on the suject being recognisable

Madmackem - good photo was a favourite for a long time nearly voted for it but think the act thing puts me off - (yes i know its what he does)

Phil - still like looking at it (it is better full screen) and pleased it has my most votes so far -maintaining my average of top 20 finishes ;)

Clyde - good pic, i know what you do, i know what you like, i know where i might find you but i wouldn't recognise you - understandable of course.

Not spavin - funny pic with clever title, but last bit of the above.

Janiep - cleverly, really captures the occasion well with the big screen being in their its spot on, but it just didn't meet my criteria for this theme:-(

Apologies if i've missed anyone out and it's only my uninformed opinion:)

Marvellous :).

It was a very close run thing too so I feel a bit lucky to have pipped tomtom, Clyde and Spav to be honest. Commiserations and all that. Thanks for all the votes and comments everyone.

Congrats mate, it was very close indeed, i didn't even realise voting had finished, never got my votes in :-(

Well done .

A great little competition where there are no losers, only people who want to improve their skills and share their thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back