May 23rd live footy on tv

Aft'noon Storts and welcome back, mate. 🖐👍
I love to watch the '73 final, and was chatting to Monty and Tricky Dickie, about the game, at the International Fans Day, at the SOL, a few months ago.

I still marvel at the huge effort put in that day, not just by The Lads out on the pitch, but also by the thousands upon thousands of lads & lasses in red & white, on the terraces that magical day.
I also remember, -
The interviews and totally relaxed atmosphere, on the coach taking The Lads, to Wembley (in stark contrast to a subdued atmosphere on the Leeds coach)
The Messiah, leading the Lads onto the pitch, in his famous tracksuit.
Abide with me.
The Orange ball.
Pitt's bone crunching "tackle" on Clarke, in the first minute or two.
The amount of clearing headers, by MOTM, Dave Watson.
Bobby Kerr & Horswill covering every blade of the Wembley turf.
Bobby Kerr's overhit cross, which led to Porters goal with his "wrong" foot.
The incredible noise and passion of our fans.
The goal celebrations from players and fans alike.
Monty's double save (THE greatest double save, ever seen at the old Wembley)
The tireless forward runs, put in by Tueart, Halom, Hughes & Porter, as we tried to relieve the pressure, by stretching Leeds defence.
Vic's goal bound efforts charged down & pushed over the bar by Harvey, as we looked to attack on the counter.
Bobby Kerr & Tricky Dickie, totally nulllifying "dangerman" Eddie Gray, who was so well marked, he was eventually subbed.
Tricky Dickie, receiving the ball, well inside his own half, on the right flank, and running with the ball, all the way up into the Leeds, final third of the pitch, in a last minute, lung busting run.
The full time whistle, and the roof almost lifting off the old stadium, as our players and fans celebrated like we'd won the league, the cup, the league cup, Texaco Cup, European cup, cup winners cup, and the Grand National, all rolled into one.
The Messiah, dashing onto the pitch, in raincoat & trilby, to hug Monty.
An over zealous official trying to prevent Joe,Joe, Joe Bolton, from joining The Messiah on the pitch at full time.
The Lads going up the steps to receive the cup.
The incredible & very moving, passionate rendition of YNWA from our fans, in an amazing display of support.
The players of both teams standing still, for the second playing of the National Anthem.
The triumphant lap of honour.
"Ee Ai Addio, We Won the Cup" being belted out, loud & proud, by our amazing and ecstatic fans.
The post match interviews.

What a day, what memories, and what a team, & manager !

Have a great day, mate 👍
Brilliant that pal. '73 was the first one ever I watched and its the one from the 70's I remember the most. The keepers saves and that final whistle and the manager and keeper together was a still is a real joy to watch. Happy memories and that's when the FA Cup was really special. Great post pal. Enjoy your night.

@Rip Van Fish , evening mate, hope you have a goodun.

Brilliant that pal. '73 was the first one ever I watched and its the one from the 70's I remember the most. The keepers saves and that final whistle and the manager and keeper together was a still is a real joy to watch. Happy memories and that's when the FA Cup was really special. Great post pal. Enjoy your night.

@Rip Van Fish , evening mate, hope you have a goodun.
Evening SFATI
Off to the chippy in 5

Aft'noon Storts and welcome back, mate. 🖐👍
I love to watch the '73 final, and was chatting to Monty and Tricky Dickie, about the game, at the International Fans Day, at the SOL, a few months ago.

I still marvel at the huge effort put in that day, not just by The Lads out on the pitch, but also by the thousands upon thousands of lads & lasses in red & white, on the terraces that magical day.
I also remember, -
The interviews and totally relaxed atmosphere, on the coach taking The Lads, to Wembley (in stark contrast to a subdued atmosphere on the Leeds coach)
The Messiah, leading the Lads onto the pitch, in his famous tracksuit.
Abide with me.
The Orange ball.
Pitt's bone crunching "tackle" on Clarke, in the first minute or two.
The amount of clearing headers, by MOTM, Dave Watson.
Bobby Kerr & Horswill covering every blade of the Wembley turf.
Bobby Kerr's overhit cross, which led to Porters goal with his "wrong" foot.
The incredible noise and passion of our fans.
The goal celebrations from players and fans alike.
Monty's double save (THE greatest double save, ever seen at the old Wembley)
The tireless forward runs, put in by Tueart, Halom, Hughes & Porter, as we tried to relieve the pressure, by stretching Leeds defence.
Vic's goal bound efforts charged down & pushed over the bar by Harvey, as we looked to attack on the counter.
Bobby Kerr & Tricky Dickie, totally nulllifying "dangerman" Eddie Gray, who was so well marked, he was eventually subbed.
Tricky Dickie, receiving the ball, well inside his own half, on the right flank, and running with the ball, all the way up into the Leeds, final third of the pitch, in a last minute, lung busting run.
The full time whistle, and the roof almost lifting off the old stadium, as our players and fans celebrated like we'd won the league, the cup, the league cup, Texaco Cup, European cup, cup winners cup, and the Grand National, all rolled into one.
The Messiah, dashing onto the pitch, in raincoat & trilby, to hug Monty.
An over zealous official trying to prevent Joe,Joe, Joe Bolton, from joining The Messiah on the pitch at full time.
The Lads going up the steps to receive the cup.
The incredible & very moving, passionate rendition of YNWA from our fans, in an amazing display of support.
The players of both teams standing still, for the second playing of the National Anthem.
The triumphant lap of honour.
"Ee Ai Addio, We Won the Cup" being belted out, loud & proud, by our amazing and ecstatic fans.
The post match interviews.

What a day, what memories, and what a team, & manager !

Have a great day, mate 👍

Great post @Horley Chorley

Back