May 23rd live footy on tv

Aft'noon Storts and welcome back, mate. ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ‘
I love to watch the '73 final, and was chatting to Monty and Tricky Dickie, about the game, at the International Fans Day, at the SOL, a few months ago.

I still marvel at the huge effort put in that day, not just by The Lads out on the pitch, but also by the thousands upon thousands of lads & lasses in red & white, on the terraces that magical day.
I also remember, -
The interviews and totally relaxed atmosphere, on the coach taking The Lads, to Wembley (in stark contrast to a subdued atmosphere on the Leeds coach)
The Messiah, leading the Lads onto the pitch, in his famous tracksuit.
Abide with me.
The Orange ball.
Pitt's bone crunching "tackle" on Clarke, in the first minute or two.
The amount of clearing headers, by MOTM, Dave Watson.
Bobby Kerr & Horswill covering every blade of the Wembley turf.
Bobby Kerr's overhit cross, which led to Porters goal with his "wrong" foot.
The incredible noise and passion of our fans.
The goal celebrations from players and fans alike.
Monty's double save (THE greatest double save, ever seen at the old Wembley)
The tireless forward runs, put in by Tueart, Halom, Hughes & Porter, as we tried to relieve the pressure, by stretching Leeds defence.
Vic's goal bound efforts charged down & pushed over the bar by Harvey, as we looked to attack on the counter.
Bobby Kerr & Tricky Dickie, totally nulllifying "dangerman" Eddie Gray, who was so well marked, he was eventually subbed.
Tricky Dickie, receiving the ball, well inside his own half, on the right flank, and running with the ball, all the way up into the Leeds, final third of the pitch, in a last minute, lung busting run.
The full time whistle, and the roof almost lifting off the old stadium, as our players and fans celebrated like we'd won the league, the cup, the league cup, Texaco Cup, European cup, cup winners cup, and the Grand National, all rolled into one.
The Messiah, dashing onto the pitch, in raincoat & trilby, to hug Monty.
An over zealous official trying to prevent Joe,Joe, Joe Bolton, from joining The Messiah on the pitch at full time.
The Lads going up the steps to receive the cup.
The incredible & very moving, passionate rendition of YNWA from our fans, in an amazing display of support.
The players of both teams standing still, for the second playing of the National Anthem.
The triumphant lap of honour.
"Ee Ai Addio, We Won the Cup" being belted out, loud & proud, by our amazing and ecstatic fans.
The post match interviews.

What a day, what memories, and what a team, & manager !

Have a great day, mate ๐Ÿ‘
Cheers HC, If only you could give a post more than one like, got goosebumps reading that:cool:.

Me and me brother were left at my aunts and uncles house for the weekend, as my parents were part of the hordes at Wembley that day. Amazing support, the bit I love, I know too many to mention but the bit I really love is the crowd in the background as the final whistle is blown, itโ€™s to the right of the royal box as you look and folk are going mental, that would be towards the Leeds end and would have been a neutral or Leeds section and there are thousands of ours going absolutely ballistic, my dad always said we outnumbered Leeds 2 to 1 that day, even in their standing area you can see 2 large swathes of white with flags etc but lots not in white in their end suggesting it wasnโ€™t all Leeds in there, guess any neutrals would have been backing us, while our end is just red and white everywhere, several of the tickets my dad got were from Paul Madeley, as a mate of his was a business partner of Madeley.

The YNWA is the last thing you hear on the BBC radio LP โ€œ....and above them the scoreboard reads Leeds 0 Sunderland 1โ€:cool:
Long as he doesn't use them sex dolls ๐Ÿ˜‚

Where the hell have you been
Afternoon Hank, thanks for the warm welcome back ๐Ÿ˜‚ , I wasnโ€™t on the step, just family stuff

Last edited:

Aft'noon Storts and welcome back, mate. ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ‘
I love to watch the '73 final, and was chatting to Monty and Tricky Dickie, about the game, at the International Fans Day, at the SOL, a few months ago.

I still marvel at the huge effort put in that day, not just by The Lads out on the pitch, but also by the thousands upon thousands of lads & lasses in red & white, on the terraces that magical day.
I also remember, -
The interviews and totally relaxed atmosphere, on the coach taking The Lads, to Wembley (in stark contrast to a subdued atmosphere on the Leeds coach)
The Messiah, leading the Lads onto the pitch, in his famous tracksuit.
Abide with me.
The Orange ball.
Pitt's bone crunching "tackle" on Clarke, in the first minute or two.
The amount of clearing headers, by MOTM, Dave Watson.
Bobby Kerr & Horswill covering every blade of the Wembley turf.
Bobby Kerr's overhit cross, which led to Porters goal with his "wrong" foot.
The incredible noise and passion of our fans.
The goal celebrations from players and fans alike.
Monty's double save (THE greatest double save, ever seen at the old Wembley)
The tireless forward runs, put in by Tueart, Halom, Hughes & Porter, as we tried to relieve the pressure, by stretching Leeds defence.
Vic's goal bound efforts charged down & pushed over the bar by Harvey, as we looked to attack on the counter.
Bobby Kerr & Tricky Dickie, totally nulllifying "dangerman" Eddie Gray, who was so well marked, he was eventually subbed.
Tricky Dickie, receiving the ball, well inside his own half, on the right flank, and running with the ball, all the way up into the Leeds, final third of the pitch, in a last minute, lung busting run.
The full time whistle, and the roof almost lifting off the old stadium, as our players and fans celebrated like we'd won the league, the cup, the league cup, Texaco Cup, European cup, cup winners cup, and the Grand National, all rolled into one.
The Messiah, dashing onto the pitch, in raincoat & trilby, to hug Monty.
An over zealous official trying to prevent Joe,Joe, Joe Bolton, from joining The Messiah on the pitch at full time.
The Lads going up the steps to receive the cup.
The incredible & very moving, passionate rendition of YNWA from our fans, in an amazing display of support.
The players of both teams standing still, for the second playing of the National Anthem.
The triumphant lap of honour.
"Ee Ai Addio, We Won the Cup" being belted out, loud & proud, by our amazing and ecstatic fans.
The post match interviews.

What a day, what memories, and what a team, & manager !

Have a great day, mate ๐Ÿ‘
Decent account of the day Horley mate, I was there, I was a drunken 18 year old and Bloody hell, I suddenly feel old....

Two years later I went to Torquay for a weeks holiday and I've lived in the south of the country since then....

Obviously there was a female involved....

Cheers HC, If only you could give a post more than one like, got goosebumps reading that:cool:.

Me and me brother were left at my aunts and uncles house for the weekend, as my parents were part of the hordes at Wembley that day. Amazing support, the bit I love, I know too many to mention but the bit I really love is the crowd in the background as the final whistle is blown, itโ€™s to the right of the royal box as you look and folk are going mental, that would be towards the Leeds end and would have been a neutral or Leeds section and there are thousands of ours going absolutely ballistic, my dad always said we outnumbered Leeds 2 to 1 that day, even in their standing area you can see 2 large swathes of white with flags etc but lots not in white in their end suggesting it wasnโ€™t all Leeds in there, guess any neutrals would have been backing us, while our end is just red and white everywhere, several of the tickets my dad got were from Paul Madeley, as a mate of his was a business partner of Madeley.

The YNWA is the last thing you hear on the BBC radio LP โ€œ....and above them the scoreboard reads Leeds 0 Sunderland 1โ€:cool:

Afternoon Hank, thanks for the warm welcome back ๐Ÿ˜‚ , I wasnโ€™t on the step, just family stuff

Long as yer ok marra where one big happy isolated family in here

Decent account of the day Horley mate, I was there, I was a drunken 18 year old and Bloody hell, I suddenly feel old....

Two years later I went to Torquay for a weeks holiday and I've lived in the south of the country since then....

I was there as a drunk 18 year old as well MK. Went down the night before with my BiL and his mates who were a few years older, and we ended up in a night club.

Donโ€™t remember a lot after that apart from the goal and the save because we were right behind the goal.

I was 10 at the time.
It's just what I remember about the tv coverage.
When Sunland scored, the whole street was cheering, here in BWH, and at full time, people were in the street celebrating and held an impromtu street party.
I watched it at my mates house, and his Ma was a singer and was singing in Sunland that night.
She wore a Stokoe red tracksuit and went down a storm.
She never had to buy a single drink, as the club goers made sure her glass was never empty.
She had tips galore from pissed and very happy club members, and she told us it was the best audience and atmosphere she ever sang for.

Afternoon Bishop, hope all is well and good to see you back.

I was there as a drunk 18 year old as well MK. Went down the night before with my BiL and his mates who were a few years older, and we ended up in a night club.

Donโ€™t remember a lot after that apart from the goal and the save because we were right behind the goal.
Sounds identical to our experiences, we ended up in bloody Soho at some horrible strip joint and as a fresh faced 18yr old and first time in London I couldn't believe what I was seeing....

Next day I had the hangover from hell, we didn't get any sleep as we couldn't find our digs for the night so we just stayed up all night....

Day of the match was ruined for us really but we did make it home in one piece absolutely knackered and stinking like skunks the next day....

Great memories....

I was 10 at the time.
It's just what I remember about the tv coverage.
When Sunland scored, the whole street was cheering, here in BWH, and at full time, people were in the street celebrating and held an impromtu street party.
I watched it at my mates house, and his Ma was a singer and was singing in Sunland that night.
She wore a Stokoe red tracksuit and went down a storm.
She never had to buy a single drink, as the club goers made sure her glass was never empty.
She had tips galore from pissed and very happy club members, and she told us it was the best audience and atmosphere she ever sang for.
Great memories of a great day mate...

Doubt if I will ever get to see scenes like it again...

I always say, there's always a positive to be found, in every negative situation, even if it isn't always apparent at first. ๐Ÿ‘

Afternoon, mate ๐Ÿ–

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜‚
Hello mate, these fella's were a lot older than Camp & Steel.
They were probably better goalies too, though their handling skills, left a lot to be desired ๐Ÿ˜„
Good afternoon
Afternoon RVF
Afternoon MKM

Morning Hank, morning all you Hanksters.
By the way, I cannot get by with this German footy - like watching paint dry.
Afternoon BC, cannot get on with it either, at least with the paint you should get the result you want

Morning Hank, Morning All

Munchen game for the duck.

Havenโ€™t read the whole thread, please point me to owt interesting or worth reading.

Dominic Cummings, ๐Ÿค”, canโ€™t comment as I met family during the week, socially distanced, however, as much as I despise, our right wing Government Iโ€™m sure the media will haunt him till he packs in or is pushed.

Waiting for a delivery due around midday, itโ€™ll sort me for the next week or so.

Stay Safe Team.
Good afternoon Edd, some good one liners from the usual suspects and SFATI has RSI after his mammoth post
Like the look of the delivery mate
Have a gud un

@VHFC ,you too pal,๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, @Wakey ftm in Sussex , hi pal, absolutely it is...๐Ÿฅฉ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿง€๐Ÿฅ“๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฏ๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿฅช....๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.....and its brilliant too,๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž, @sismanhatton , thank pal and good morning, cooking,cleaning and chilling..You have a great day too mate,๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, @Wandofaleftpeg , absolutely it is...We should do a zoom from our kitchens and have a Saturday morning kitchen takeover...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž, @Horley Chorley , Hallelujah indeed mate,love a nice pork pie and they seem the business....๐Ÿฅง๐Ÿพ, @cfg ,quality fillings for a curry they are. We had a lamb one a couple of weeks ago...Going to have a beef one next weekend, really can't beat a curry,have a nice afternoon pal, @Stortford , glad you're ok pal. Hope the cooking has still be top of the list...Enjoy your day ...๐ŸŒ…๐ŸŒ„๐ŸŒ…๐ŸŒ„, @Stormo , totally agree, it's not the best tbh,needs snacking off till this is sorted, @Butcher's Coat ,๐Ÿ–Œ๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿ–Œ๐ŸŽจ,100% it is pal,have a good day,๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿง€, @Rip Van Fish ,cheers pal.
@eddtheduck , the most interesting thing is the this thread will become The Daily Foodie Thread instead of The Footy thread...and some of the one liners have been quite funny too....DC is a sitting g duck...pardon the pun...have a great weekend pal...๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฆ†....๐Ÿ‘...and hope the delivery arrive on time.
@WillD , enjoy the weather over there, ๐ŸŒ…๐ŸŒ…๐ŸŒ…๐ŸŒ…, @EchoMan , I'm on a mission to try and find my LP, ordered it out of Shoot magazine in 1978,remember the postie delivering it too...looks like a loft job...for the Mrs...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚...
Thank you

Morning Hank,morning all. Yesterday I tried to get home delivery with Asda with no luck, then tried Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Tesco with no luck. So I had to break lockdown and went to Aldi at Crook. It's alright telling people they are shielding but not helping to arrange food for them. Like I said it was easier to see the Pope. Useless Tories.
Afternoon Sunny, have a gud un

Good afternoon mate

You too, marra. I had a consignment of whisky being delivered frae the bonny Granite City, but I got a message from DPD saying they'd ran into "unexpected problems" so it'll be delayed (by how long, they didn't specify). I reckon @Dilligaf60 has hijacked the wagon. He's not friggin' riggin' after arl, he's a rootin' tootin' bootlegger!
Good afternoon Clougie ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, great post

Afternoon All,

Late appearance after a lie in and sorting out next week's menu plan - lots of South East Asian coming up. Bit of a one-sided Berliner derby last night, but Hertha look a good side under Labadia (can't help thinking people wanted him as manger here when he was at Wolfsburg). Anyway, something happy for the weekend

Afternoon GOM, another good choice thanks

Afternoon MK, good to see you back and posting, hope all good with you.
Good to see you both posting and some good news for MkM, keeping me fingers crossed for him

Back