May 22nd live footy on tv

Done most of the northern & south east courses ( btw Chelmsford is the worst viewing by miles but a canny restaurant ) + others like Cheltenham, N Abbot, Salisbury etc. Did a Fri night meeting at Wolver night before WBA couple of yrs agan. Floodlit horse racing had been on my list.

Might try & tie in a home game with Hexham &/or Cartmel next season. Not done Uttoxeter either ( but been passed it loads of times on trains from Wakey to Stoke/PV.
You've already mentioned Sandown, another lovely course. I've nivva done Royal Haskit (except that year when it was at York, which dizzent count) & I'm not sure I'd like to. For me, they all pale when compared with Cheltenham. Or Sunderland dogs....

You've already mentioned Sandown, another lovely course. I've nivva done Royal Haskit (except that year when it was at York, which dizzent count) & I'm not sure I'd like to. For me, they all pale when compared with Cheltenham. Or Sunderland dogs....

Askot is decent but when the flat is on its full of pretentious pricks who just get in the way of everything.
Long Walk Hurdle day just before Xmas is my favourite there.
Talking restaurants, been to most of the ( apparently) top ones in SE, but we prefer more relaxed, laid back ones now eg Oklava in Shoreditch

I once forwarded a “funny” to the wrong people, inc the vicars wife. It showed a woman on her knees blowing a bloke who had rested his bottle of bud on her head :oops::oops::oops:
A different take on (un)Holy Communion....

Askot is decent but when the flat is on its full of pretentious pricks who just get in the way of everything.
Long Walk Hurdle day just before Xmas is my favourite there.
Talking restaurants, been to most of the ( apparently) top ones in SE, but we prefer more relaxed, laid back ones now eg Oklava in Shoreditch
That's my reservation about RA. Applies to most of the big meetings these days (not THE Big Meeting, of course!): self-obsessed arseholes filming thassels getting pissed & fighting, the racing reduced to a mere backdrop.

I'll make a note of Oklava for next time I have the misfortune to be unavoidably detained in Londinium. Cheers, marra. Not quite sure why they'd name it after the knitted helmet I was forced to wear as a child, but I'm sure there's a reason.

Last edited:
I once forwarded a “funny” to the wrong people, inc the vicars wife. It showed a woman on her knees blowing a bloke who had rested his bottle of bud on her head :oops::oops::oops:
:lol::lol::lol: Outstanding.

No problem Divvy.

Er sorry Dilli ;)
You were right the first time marra.

Morning all, I'm looking forward to the weekend now for the play offs, missing the footy now, have a great Wednesday all.
Morning TB.

A different take on (un)Holy Communion....

That's my reservation about RA. Applies to most of the big meetings these days (not THE Big Meeting, of course!): self-obsessed arseholes filming thassels getting pissed & fighting, the racing reduced to a mere backdrop.

I'll make a note of Oklava for next time I have the misfortune to be unavoidably detained in Londinium. Cheers, marra. Not quite sure why they'd name it after the knitted helmet I was forced to wear as a child, but I'm sure there's a reason.
I loved my helmet. Kept the heat in and the lops out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Middle son is moving out. He's busy sorting a flat and hopes to move in on 1st July.

Eldest gave notice on his digs as he wanted to move elsewhere with a mate but that's fallen through now. Current landlord has already found a new tenant from July. He's found somewhere else but can't move in that one until September so he might have to move back in for the summer.

Eeehhh bairns man :rolleyes::lol:

Can we have some fucken peace now like ffs

;)
Can we have some fucken peace now like ffs

;)

Depends if I'm next to you yer stroppy bugger

Middle son is moving out. He's busy sorting a flat and hopes to move in on 1st July.

Eldest gave notice on his digs as he wanted to move elsewhere with a mate but that's fallen through now. Current landlord has already found a new tenant from July. He's found somewhere else but can't move in that one until September so he might have to move back in for the summer.

Eeehhh bairns man :rolleyes::lol:

Who'd want to move out of home unless with a partner

All yer cooking cleaning done for you

Just have to pay board & lodge

Ok not exactly great fir your love life but you can't have everything

I was 45 before I moved our mind :lol:

Last edited:
Operation cancelled indefinitely as they haven't got a date when they will get the parts. All this weeks ops and all next weeks ops have been cancelled though. They'll be in touch when they can do it.

I still have a follow up appointment mid-June with the original consultant who did the wrong operation. If I haven't heard anything by then, I'm going to go to that appointment with evidence that I need my uterus removed and see if she is willing to do it.

Back