MAY 2015 - VOTING - DOWN THE PUB

May 2015 - Down the Pub

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was photo 4. It's not just a photo in a pub you know! It's a social commentary of the modern working mans club with the band playing to an almost empty room and the pillar placed to divide the scene and to show that corner of the room almost going on with their own thing, with different lighting and separated from the rest of the room, oblivious to this traditional form of entertainment. This is a representation of the split in many of our traditional communities. The lady on the left still has her hat and coat on, deciding if she is going to stay, in the pub or in the community - such is the decisions faced by many of our working class communities.

You see, a very complex piece of documentary photography and if people can't open up their mind to see that then its not my problem :evil: :( :lol:
I liked the clarity of your pic and a nice contrast from room to room, tricky to get right. Anyway thanks for the votes folks, I took it in the famous King's Arms in York, you that always gets flooded? Anyway this lonely looking old bloke just came in to get out of the rain, managed a sly little candid with my phone, I like how he looks deep in thought....

Well done @Kid Galahad

Theme for July would be much appreciated
Cheers, I'll have a bit think.

Last edited:

Mine was photo 4. It's not just a photo in a pub you know! It's a social commentary of the modern working mans club with the band playing to an almost empty room and the pillar placed to divide the scene and to show that corner of the room almost going on with their own thing, with different lighting and separated from the rest of the room, oblivious to this traditional form of entertainment. This is a representation of the split in many of our traditional communities. The lady on the left still has her hat and coat on, deciding if she is going to stay, in the pub or in the community - such is the decisions faced by many of our working class communities.

You see, a very complex piece of documentary photography and if people can't open up their mind to see that then its not my problem :evil: :( :lol:
It's shite, get over it

Like ^^^

I got one of a band playing also - only I didn't enter it because there were no other people or drinks around and it didn't look very pubby.

The one I entered was showing the floor, it was lovely. Nil pwun (points) though - cry. Least you got a vote steeeeed even if wasn't from me. I went for the Gilesgate shut down pubs one.

Which is the winning photo?

I really
didn't post that!:oops::lol:

Well done KG!

Who took which photo then?

Mine was one with zero points - I just liked the tiled floor. Taken in a pub in Galway after a few Irish Whiskeys.
1. Tom Tom Macute
2. You
3. Boldoneye
4. Steeeeed
5. Kid Galahad

Number 5 for me.

It looks like he's reminiscing about all the pubs that have closed in Gilesgate.
The Brewers, Britannia, DLI, Grange Foundry, Hare and Hounds, Travelers Rest, Bay Horse.

On second thoughts he's probably reminiscing about the time a pint cost 1/6d :cry:
Seven and a half pence in today's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back