Maxim beer

Totally disagree. The beers are outstanding. My untappd says I've had over 200 different beers in the last year and one of theirs is definitely in my top 5. Whether they should use the Vaux name or not is open to discussion, their beer is really good.
It's not for me really. From what I've tried their NEIPA was canny enough, Ernest, Roker Roar and Decent Days very run of the mill at best, and their Kolsch absolutely appalling.

I'm not really enthused about trying any of their others after the way they've conducted themselves, in particular in relation to Maxim Brewery. Not very historically very reliable for pubs ordering from them either.

200 different beers is some good going mind. I might have to try untapped if it helps you keep track and puts you onto new offerings.

It's not for me really. From what I've tried their NEIPA was canny enough, Ernest, Roker Roar and Decent Days very run of the mill at best, and their Kolsch absolutely appalling.

I'm not really enthused about trying any of their others after the way they've conducted themselves, in particular in relation to Maxim Brewery. Not very historically very reliable for pubs ordering from them either.

200 different beers is some good going mind. I might have to try untapped if it helps you keep track and puts you onto new offerings.

279, just looked 😂.

We'll agree to disagree on Vaux. I do suggest you try Hazy Shade of Citra when it's re released though, and I'll admit to not trying the Kolsch, not a style I'd buy.

I'll let this thread get back on topic now 😊

Last edited:
Totally disagree. The beers are outstanding. My untappd says I've had over 200 different beers in the last year and one of theirs is definitely in my top 5. Whether they should use the Vaux name or not is open to discussion, their beer is really good.
Got a few cases of their beers coming after they’ve been canned. After I plugged my site on here they got in touch so we put an order in. Looking forward to trying them.

Just looked and it’s at port bierhaus which looks like it’s under gillespies.
It’s canny. The lads in there are building a decent range
Got a few cases of their beers coming after they’ve been canned. After I plugged my site on here they got in touch so we put an order in. Looking forward to trying them.
They’re ok. Had a Kolsch out a while back - quite enjoyed it

Last edited:

Back