Maxim beer

Anyone struggling to find their favourite tipple at the moment. The maxim brewery has a shop at the brewery itself in houghton, Rainton meadows. Selling amongst others cases of Double maxim, maximus and what I’ve just getting a couple of cases of, Swedish blonde. Great prices.

Has anyone else been through?
Do they still do Nut brown ? Loved it when i was younger ( a lot younger)

Touch of class.

Not Maxim, but very much local, Vaux now do click and collect from their new premises, North Pier are doing free delivery over £30 and the couple I've tried of theirs have been excellent. They also stock other brands

Not Maxim, but very much local, Vaux now do click and collect from their new premises, North Pier are doing free delivery over £30 and the couple I've tried of theirs have been excellent. They also stock other brands
I cant find a link to North Pier, would be interested in trying them out.

Touch of class.
They do them for £4 on ‘Wheyaye Phone’ market stall in Grainger Market Newcastle. Nearly bought one a few weeks ago but prefer new vaux beers. They also do Brown Ale ones

Last edited:
They're using the name to trade on people's nostalgia. The beer itself isn't great and wouldn't be overly well received without the name attached.

I think they would of been taken a bit more seriously if they hadn't used the vaux name. I can see how its a good sales gimmick for match days but personally I think choosing a different name would of been better for them.

Anyway back to the thread. Is there any strawberry Porter on the go at the minute?

They're using the name to trade on people's nostalgia. The beer itself isn't great and wouldn't be overly well received without the name attached.

Totally disagree. The beers are outstanding. My untappd says I've had over 200 different beers in the last year and one of theirs is definitely in my top 5. Whether they should use the Vaux name or not is open to discussion, their beer is really good.

Back