Max Power

He’s done ok at RB, he actually contributed to our attacking movement and was quite positive in his play. I think Sanderson will be disappointed mind, given he has a fair bit of experience at RB - I’d put him ahead of Power.

I wasn’t convinced by him defensively, his positioning was poor at times but going forward he was better then Connor Mac.
Only saw the game against Hull but I agree. I know people will say O'Nien gets caught out of position more often than you'd like but Power never seemed to be in the right position. He looked like someone who's never played full back playing at full back.

I don't spew out the same bile towards Power as some on here, but at full-back he could get a chasing from a speedy winger. Ryan Longman, right-winger for our next opponents (Wimbledon) tore MacFadzean a new arsehole at the SoL. If he was to swap wings on Saturday? 😳

This is like Rodwell insisting he was a centre back all along... only after mooning about the middle of the park looking like a pissed fart who can’t find his house keys for best part of a decade.

I tend to think that a professional who is happy to play out of position and learn that position just so he can play and contribute (rather than sit on the bench) is worthy of respect. Good on him. Whether it will work, only time will tell.
Absolutely this
He's probably been thinking about it for ages, and now he's asked to try it.

Will take a while to really learn the position of course, so let's not jump down his throat.
Not too worried about a lack of pace, there's more to a fullback than just pace.

I wouldn’t be against that, has shown he get get up the wing and can cross the ball, so long as he doesn’t go missing and remembers what his role is.
As someone has said he position in CM is under threat, we don’t have any decent right backs, even onion should in midfield.

Absolutely this
He's probably been thinking about it for ages, and now he's asked to try it.

Will take a while to really learn the position of course, so let's not jump down his throat.
Not too worried about a lack of pace, there's more to a fullback than just pace.
I like to think he is frantically watch archive footage of the spell where Benitez played Stevie G at right back :)

Looks better suited to that position based on what I’ve seen so far.

I know the opposition were limited on Tuesday, but still.

To be fair to him, Wilks moved to the other wing vs Hull, after he got no joy from Power. He has done surprisngly well and we might just have stumbled across something as we did inadvertently with O'Nien. Winchester's arrival could put the physical presence back in the middle. Here's hoping.

Lots of funny guys saying "stops him passing it backwards..." which is very lazy and isn't what he is guilty of. He gives the ball away too much and is guilty of silly Hollywood passes which either dont find their man or find their man but are so looping and slow that there are two players on him when the ball reaches him, meaning that there is no option but to turn back and the attack stalls. I'm not a fan of his, but he isn't a negative player, just not a very good one.

Last edited:

Back