Max Power

That substitution totally fucked the game for us. Morgan was a waste of a shirt. Gooch should have came on or Matthews and 09 pushed into centre mid.

It was the kind of defining gifted moment like when Toivonen went off just before half time a few years ago. Unfortunately we didn't have Defoe and McGeady probably wasn't fit enough and we brought on a wet paper bag in Morgan.

Given the play off first leg semi where Gooch played well and was up for a fight I'd have preffered him, but it wasn't to be.

With power and the over two you have one sitting with power getting forward. Without honeyman plays behind the forward, doesn't work.

41221 has far more flexibility than 4231, plus we don't have the players for what we play.

I felt we performed best as a team when both Grigg and Wyke were on the pitch together.

Yes there weren’t any clear cut opportunities but Charlton we’re probably most on the back foot at that part of the game.

He makes a fair point. We looked a better, stronger spine with him on rather than another lightweight. Wish we had McGeough as a like for like option

You think we might have, but we didn't play long enough today to see it. He was down after about 3 mins and we scored about 6, then he was off before 10 mins. We hadn't even got into out stride before he went off and had our good period.

You think we might have, but we didn't play long enough today to see it. He was down after about 3 mins and we scored about 6, then he was off before 10 mins. We hadn't even got into out stride before he went off and had our good period.

Can never be certain but I always prefer us with those 3 in the centre. We gain more possession and we protect our back 4 better. To change formation 10 minutes in when all your preparation has been around a different system cant help and having Honeyman and Morgan on together against a strong side like them wasnt ideal. The game still could have went either way.

Can never be certain but I always prefer us with those 3 in the centre. We gain more possession and we protect our back 4 better. To change formation 10 minutes in when all your preparation has been around a different system cant help and having Honeyman and Morgan on together against a strong side like them wasnt ideal. The game still could have went either way.

I kind of agree, especially in terms of looking stronger because of the height and physique of Power and I do think that's why he's been more prominent towards the end of the season. Just think today game stopped with his injury before it started. We somehow scored and he went off then we had a 15 min or so dominant spell where we could have won it, didn't and the rest is history.

For me this argument brings us back to Honeyman and how we use him. Think it's been a bit of a conundrum all season. You expect wingers to maybe not be the strongest and to fade in and out of games, but I think you need a bit more input technically from a player in his role if he isn't offering so much physically.

Back