Matthew Kelly

Another one to add to the list who’s careers got wrongly ruined by the media. Add him along with Barrymore and John Leslie. All of them just normal blokes...

Can't say anything on a public forum about this one without getting into legals but I personally don't think it was the media destroyed his career - that was self-inflicted (or so I believe - I could be wrong)

Can't say anything on a public forum about this one without getting into legals but I personally don't think it was the media destroyed his career - that was self-inflicted (or so I believe - I could be wrong)
Not saying is a rapist, or that he's been behaved illegally, can't help but think when you have multiple women accusing you over decades you need to take a good look at your behaviour though.

Genuine question - did he get convicted for the noncy stuff he was accused of? If he was? Rings a bell.

if you are referring to Mathew Kelly, then no.

He is also a very good actor (I believe he does stage more than tv or film these days), and I actually bumped into him many years ago (early 00's) on a train journey in Mongolia!

I had reason to visit a bungalow in Nookside Sunderland. The old lady there had links with the Empire. Numerous stars stayed with her when they were in shows or plays in the North east. Mathew Kelly was a regular visitor. She had his photo, with many others, framed in her lounge.

Back