Matt Parkinson

Brilliant! Really exciting signing if true, you got a link for Dobell’s comments?
An article in an edition of cricket newsletter but can 't find a link. He's refused a contract extension at Leics which fuelled the rumour Dobell is normally reliable on these matters, particularly with The Midland counties.

towards the bottom of this article it mentions callum coming to Durham

I see it as promising news, especially if it means the club look to use the spare overseas slot to bring in a seamer who will be around for the whole season given our recent luck with injuries and international call ups.

Covered it in the match thread, but given the state of our bowling corps due to injury and international call-ups, I can excuse this.

Taking Durham out of it, the whole loan thing as an absolute joke, kind of undermines the integrity of the competition, I think the lad McKerr has been on loan to 3 different clubs and its not even July.

I understand people not playing are bein wasted, but it has to be for a minimum of half a season at least, not just 1 game, then back.

As I say not criticisin Durham just the whole thing is a farce IMO.

Imagine if Sunderland just loaned a striker for a week.

Taking Durham out of it, the whole loan thing as an absolute joke, kind of undermines the integrity of the competition, I think the lad McKerr has been on loan to 3 different clubs and its not even July.

I understand people not playing are bein wasted, but it has to be for a minimum of half a season at least, not just 1 game, then back.

As I say not criticisin Durham just the whole thing is a farce IMO.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not fully in or fully out. The system isn’t perfect, but I think there are times when it’s warranted and fair and then other times when it isn’t.

he's here until the end of July, I believe, so that's what.... 4 matches?

I thought bringing him in for the one match earlier in the season was odd (although I couldn't fault the speed we reacted to Kunemann's injury), but it makes a bit more sense now

I don't disagree with you about loan arrangements in general terms though. There seems to be an extraordinary number of players moving around atm, but perhaps this is just the counties and out of favour players preparing for changes at the end of the season. Try before you buy as it were

Back