Matt Clarke

Sunderland
What a stupid idea - wanting your main rivals to sign your 15-20 goals a season man just because he had a bad half season.
Time will tell. He's looked very poor so far and unlikely to be a player who helps the team and scores 20 goals. You can't say he's definitely going to be a success next season. By the same token, I can't say he's definitely going to be a failure and I really hope he isn't. If given the opportunity though I'd get rid, though I doubt that'll happen because nobody will want him for even 50% of our initial outlay.

What kind of plan is that?? We can’t continually feed the club one way...we can’t keep getting players with no re-sale value.
your rigt we cant...but we can in the short term..long term we need to generate more of our own revenue..but i think there is a limit to how much of that can happen in league one..

A player like Turner is exactly what we were missing last season. How many times did one of players clear a set piece with a commanding header?
Dunne was very good in the air however was shocking on the floor. We need two centre halves that weigh more than 5 stone that don’t get outmuscled.

your rigt we cant...but we can in the short term..long term we need to generate more of our own revenue..but i think there is a limit to how much of that can happen in league one..

Ok but we’re spending more than the whole league combined right now and nobody wants any of these players. When does it magically get fixed...to me we are repeating the same mistakes that led us here! That was my only point.

Ok but we’re spending more than the whole league combined right now and nobody wants any of these players. When does it magically get fixed...to me we are repeating the same mistakes that led us here! That was my only point.
well we just sold a player for money that we got last year for free..he must be one of only about three players in the last decade we have made a profit on?

Back