Matt Clarke

So now Portsmouth probably have more money than us to spend on transfers and wages at a time when Doncaster are offering better terms to players than us.

What a time to be alive.

Calm down man, what u panicking about?
Loads of time to sort new players esp with the coffers being boosted by the new lads.

Bloody hell! That's a hell of whack for a for a league one player. Pompey will have a fair bit of money now to spend.

Bloody hell! That's a hell of whack for a for a league one player. Pompey will have a fair bit of money now to spend.
You assume they'll have it all to spend on new players.
They have no parachute payments to help them plus small gate revenue from 15000 ave home crowd.
Plus, u think KJ will buy well?

Going to piss the league though, based on logical reason whatsoever, I genuinely don’t think we will finish top 6.

How would the same squad who finished comfortably ahead of 7th, not do so again? When all we will do is surely strengthen.. Your entitled to your opinion like, just doesn't seem to be much logic behind it. We will strengthen, not weaken. The league is weaker than last season.

How much of that money do you think will go towards transfers?
All of it will be available in theory. We've operated an 'eat what we kill' policy under the Trust and now the Eisners, which means all fees received can be spent.

But there's a huge caveat...we will not break our wage structure which is coming under a bit of scrutiny from fans at the moment.

Think how many multi-million pound transfers you can do, when you are only prepared to pay them £5k per week maximum.

As for Clarke, he was the best defender in this league by a million miles. He will play for England - he's the next off the production line of quality ball playing centre halves.

We need two new centre backs with Whatmough out for the first half of the season, leaving only Burgess and Matt Casey. Paul Downing is going to be one of them on a free. I'm expecting us to go full Tilt for the other...

How would the same squad who finished comfortably ahead of 7th, not do so again? When all we will do is surely strengthen.. Your entitled to your opinion like, just doesn't seem to be much logic behind it. We will strengthen, not weaken. The league is weaker than last season.
We got worse as the season went on, the longer Ross worked with the players, the worse we become. Our end to the season was pathetic and we flattered to deceive in so many games.

All of it will be available in theory. We've operated an 'eat what we kill' policy under the Trust and now the Eisners, which means all fees received can be spent.

But there's a huge caveat...we will not break our wage structure which is coming under a bit of scrutiny from fans at the moment.

Think how many multi-million pound transfers you can do, when you are only prepared to pay them £5k per week maximum.

As for Clarke, he was the best defender in this league by a million miles. He will play for England - he's the next off the production line of quality ball playing centre halves.

We need two new centre backs with Whatmough out for the first half of the season, leaving only Burgess and Matt Casey. Paul Downing is going to be one of them on a free. I'm expecting us to go full Tilt for the other...

He won't play for England imo. He seems decent though.

EDIT: didn't realise he was only 22, time on his side yet like.. But playing for Brighton won't get him far internationally.

Last edited:
We got worse as the season went on, the longer Ross worked with the players, the worse we become. Our end to the season was pathetic and we flattered to deceive in so many games.

I get it, but it still remains the same squad that pissed top 6 really. If Ross has learnt from his mistakes last season, and makes the right additions to complement the players we have then we will be top 6 at a canter.

How much of that money do you think will go towards transfers?
No idea. We've not made any transfers yet this year, apart from a like-for-like replacement at right back. Likelihood is we're waiting for the funds to be available to make new signings. May not all be on transfer fees, but I reckon the majority of the money will go on new players. We've already had a couple of kids for over half a million accepted by other clubs (although the players aren't coming here).

Whatmough out til Christmas I think. Burgess is f***ing crap.
True that. Need 2 CBs this summer.

Last edited:

Back