Mathematically Safe

A lot of supporters in their mid-30s or younger will have experienced 16 years in the PL and another 6 where we were in promotion battles in the Championship so that is the standard and expectation for them. Those of us much older than that have many more lows to compare current performance to! 🤣 We'll get back there but it's not as easy as many seem to think.
But we did have 73.

I suppose you can argue that being mathematically safe from relegation before it is mathematically impossible for you to make the playoffs is the very definition of an upper mid table season.

Been pretty shit either way
Since no one has pointed it out, I will point out myself that my maths is for shit here as it was based on a 24×2 = 48 game season. It was late.

Since being promoted from the Hell hole that was league 1, in two seasons we have never even remotely looked like being relegated with our team full of kids.

Poke fun if you like, but that IS an achievement of sorts. Look at Sheffield Wednesday.

Since being promoted from the Hell hole that was league 1, in two seasons we have never even remotely looked like being relegated with our team full of kids.

Poke fun if you like, but that IS an achievement of sorts. Look at Sheffield Wednesday.
is the correct answer. Last season was an Amad fuelled punch above our weight. Be nice to see some of the kids like Watson being given a run out last few games

is the correct answer. Last season was an Amad fuelled punch above our weight. Be nice to see some of the kids like Watson being given a run out last few games
Agree - having seen Watson on Monday he wouldnt look totally out of his depth imho

And, assuming we will be selling Jack Clarke in the summer, with nothing much left to play for, would make sense to give the Lad some experience

Back