Matchday Thread 22/09/20 Boris is back

Trying to blame the public now is not going to go down well at all.

In general the public stuck to their part of the deal, it was the Govt that fucked up their end of it with the PPE, testing and care home screw ups, and let's not even get started on eyesight tests at castles.

The f***ing gall of the man to point the finger at the public and say it was our fault

So this is essentially going to be the routine for at least the next year, all in the hope that a rushed vaccine will be the saving grace.

Surely there's only so long people, who have already sacrificed the past 6 months of their lives for a virus they are have a minuscule risk of dying from (basically everyone under 60 w no health conditions), will continue to listen to the govt ordering them to sacrifice their freedom, their ability to see family or friends or basically do things which make life worth living.

I feel that point for the younger generation won't be far off.
nevermind the younger generation what about the older generation i've friends and family around the 80 mark they are active and lost 6 months already - stay inside for another 12 months err i'll be dead anyway. Don't know the answer but making work compulsory and basically banning leisure isn't it.

I thought The lockdown was to flatten the curve? No one has been dying in the grand scheme of things for months
The false positive rate on the pcr is 0.8%. This equates to almost 90% of all positive tests. A positive test is not a ‘case’

We’re being screwed people. Surely people are clicking on by now?

The tinfoil hat wearing headbangers have somehow convinced themselves that a false positive rate is the percent of all tests taken. It isnt.

Dunning-Kruger in action.

“If you test 1000 people at random, latest ONS figures estimate 1 will have the virus, and let’s assume you find them. But with an FPR of 0.8%, that’s 8/1000, and so you expect to find 8 false positives. That’s 9 positive tests, only one of which has the virus.”

Because 0.8% of total amount of tests , not the amount of positives
Wrong
“If you test 1000 people at random, latest ONS figures estimate 1 will have the virus, and let’s assume you find them. But with an FPR of 0.8%, that’s 8/1000, and so you expect to find 8 false positives. That’s 9 positive tests, only one of which has the virus.”
Wrong
I thought The lockdown was to flatten the curve? No one has been dying in the grand scheme of things for months
The false positive rate on the pcr is 0.8%. This equates to almost 90% of all positive tests. A positive test is not a ‘case’

We’re being screwed people. Surely people are clicking on by now?
Wrong

How do you account for the ONS research data?
They tested 112776 samples between 1 June and 15 July with 50 positives giving a positive result rate of 0.0443%
They tested 208,730 samples between 31 July and 10 Sept with 159 positives giving a a positive result rate of 0.0761%

Now, could you kindly explain how your claimed false positive rate is 10-20 times that actual amount of positive results? That means you're claiming that there's more false positives than actual positive results. I'm not a mathematician but that seems impossible to me?!
So it's 50%? Thought it was 0.8?
It's sad how people post such rubbish with such confidence.

Last edited:
I noticed that happened all of a sudden beginning of last week. MP's Pundits and Newscasters all changed how they referred to it overnight. They are all in it together!
You noticed it all of a sudden.
Covid and coronavirus or the coronavirus have been (wrongly) used interchangeably since the start. Please don't feed the tin foilers.
Quick Google it's been regularly called coronavirus by our PM
and by "the MSM"

Back