Match Thread/No Wyke or Watmore

If you’re playing with 3 centre half’s then you can’t have two holding midfielders
I don't like this formation, but that's exactly what you do.
3-4-3 requires midfielders who defend as your forwards only attack and your wing backs are usually attacking.
If you played 3 at the back and had attacking midfielders we'd be getting stuffed.
Chelsea played this not too long ago they had Matic and Kante.
I'd play 4-3-3 for what its worth, dropping both midfielders who I think are both decent as well!

Dobson looked decent there.

Anything but ponderous. Shows for the ball constantly and moves it quickly.

Leadbitter on the other hand isn’t quick enough to play in the formation we’re going with.
But he moves it quickly backwards, I've seen enough of him now to know he's not what we need especially if we have three central defenders, some people are really easily pleased but if you don't take chances you never make mistakes, far too negative and kills any impetus we have, Dobson looks twice the player after twenty minutes on the pitch, quick strong and facing the right way.

our best chances came when McNulty came on. Same players (give or take one or two) yet we almost looked dangerous. Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that McNulty was willing to graft like.
We did change shape, and actually started pushing forward for a goal though.

But he moves it quickly backwards, I've seen enough of him now to know he's not what we need especially if we have three central defenders, some people are really easily pleased but if you don't take chances you never make mistakes, far too negative and kills any impetus we have, Dobson looks twice the player after twenty minutes on the pitch, quick strong and facing the right way.
Dobson must have been nervous before the game. He must have watched McG and Leadbitter and pissed himself laughing at the competition for a place in midfield. Bet he cannot believe his luck. He did more in 14 mins than McG and Leadbitter did the whole game.

Last edited:
Well from what I've seen so far, I'd say this squad should piss the league!
If we ever see our best 11 on the pitch playing the way we should be I'd be surprised though.

That's the problem, does he even know it?
The team that finished the game today with McGeady or Maguire added should be easily good enough.

That's the problem, does he even know it?
The team that finished the game today with McGeady or Maguire added should be easily good enough.
I just wish he'd play 4-3-3 at least once to see that's its easily the best formation for us as a team and as fans. High press, high defensive line, all action 100mph. We have a huge squad that we should easily be able to switch players in or out who look tired.
Just be a shit Liverpool, they don't have anybody who you would say was a really creative player. They just win the ball high up the field at attack relentlessly. Opposition goes long, your fast defenders clear it up.

Back