Match on tv anywhere in London this Friday night? Any ideas?

riffraff

Striker
Anyone know anywhere will have it on? Don’t just say they have matches on in the so and so pub etc. It’s Friday night in the worlds second greatest city and the pubs don’t NEED a bunch of drunken northern football fans spoiling their other customers night out/after work drinks plus it’s the third division.
@HellsBells @James @gforce

The Blackbird in Earls Court and that other pub oppo the station The Clarendon? I watched our Friday night game against Accrington in both, I changed pubs at half time ))

Southwark brewery, if they're still massive lads fans. It's on sky so shouldn't be hard to find a pub anyways.
Southwark is the obvious answer.
Almost my entire post was because it WILL be hard to find a pub in central London with sky that’ll be willing to put on a third division match for a large group of fans featuring two teams from a combined total of nigh on 450 miles away on a Friday night when their pubs will be full anyway.
I can always go home and watch it on the telly.
The Blackbird in Earls Court and that other pub oppo the station The Clarendon? I watched our Friday night game against Accrington in both, I changed pubs at half time ))
I’m working not far from there atm so that’s a possibility.
Wasn’t the Clarendon where that gay serial killer picked up his victims? Sure I saw that the other day on one if the crime channels

Colin Ireland - Wikipedia. Colherne
Colhernes not a gay place any more. It’s a very nice pub with Ellis Short as a regular or was. Apparently he hired it out for a private SAFC party night before the City LC Final.
The Blackbird used to be The Midland bank 30 yrs ago. Imagine my surprise dear reader when I went to put my pay cheque in a few years after my last time working round that way.
Btw @HellsBells The Red Lion (scene of many safc match watching session) at the angel is up for sale. Did you know?

Last edited:
Anyone know anywhere will have it on? Don’t just say they have matches on in the so and so pub etc. It’s Friday night in the worlds second greatest city and the pubs don’t NEED a bunch of drunken northern football fans spoiling their other customers night out/after work drinks plus it’s the third division.
@HellsBells @James @gforce
With the price of beer in London, would it not be cheaper to buy a return train ticket and watch it live ?

Any pub that advertises that they have Sky Sports will be showing it

Except they won't, because its a shit game in League 1.

I assume the London branch will post about the best place later in the week. The Old Red Lion at Angel is usually a good bet, but not sure about Friday nights as they have the theatre on upstairs and I think they don't like it being loud in the bar (I.e. no sound or very low sound on the teles), which isn't ideal.

I'll post on here if it anything is said. Might just watch at home myself. Will see how the week goes!

I lived, albeit briefly, on Colherne Square*, many years ago. I moved back up here after about a year. That's all I'm saying.

*Mind, so (I believe) did (the then) Lady Di.
What a bloke he was mind. Woke up one day, fancied being a serial killer, so picked up gays in the same bar time and again. If he never started to call the papers and cops he would have killed a lot more as well

dead now like

Back