Massive fire in London

He makes a fair point, she slammed the authorities for lying and covering up the truth. It certainly won't have help to calm tensions between residents and the authorities.
So yes, the right thing to do would be for her to come out and apologise.
I wouldn't have thought her words are anyone's 'main concern' but it's a point worth of discussion.

Does anyone take gobshite Allen seriously?

He makes a fair point, she slammed the authorities for lying and covering up the truth. It certainly won't have help to calm tensions between residents and the authorities.
So yes, the right thing to do would be for her to come out and apologise.
I wouldn't have thought her words are anyone's 'main concern' but it's a point worth of discussion.
Lily Allen is not the villain of Grenfell. She's nothing more than a celebrity rent a gob. I doubt her words made the blindest bit of difference, given that scores of people died anyway.

An apology from her should come well after apologies from every single one of those even the slightest bit responsible for the loss of life.

A death toll of almost 80, possibly more, and it's the words of Lily Allen that are your main concern?

How odd.
Tragic event but her interview sticks in my mind where she was slagging the authorities off . She was massively wrong and made some ridiculous accusations so soon after this tragic event. Turns out she was wrong, I doubt she'll apologise though despite doing her best to create unnecessary tension

Last edited:
Tragic event but her interview sticks in my mind where she was slagging the authorities off . She was massively wrong and made some ridiculous accusations so soon after this tragic event. Turns out she was wrong, I doubt she'll apologise though despite doing her best to create unnecessary tension
When the people responsible have apologised I'll be bothered about hearing an apology from her

She was quick to slag them off
She added: "Seventeen? I’m sorry but I’m hearing from people that the figure is much closer to 150, and that many of those people are children.

“Those are off the record numbers I’ve been given from policemen and from firemen."

Looks like she was just repeating what those very emergency services had told her.

We'll wait for you to redirect your ire onto them please.

She added: "Seventeen? I’m sorry but I’m hearing from people that the figure is much closer to 150, and that many of those people are children.

“Those are off the record numbers I’ve been given from policemen and from firemen."

Looks like she was just repeating what those very emergency services had told her.

And if you watch more of these video she is critical of how long it was taking to identify bodies... Didn't see her wanting to go in and help. At the time of the interview the media said 17 dead and that is expected to rise (which Jon Snow told her), but she was having none of it. She claims to have been told its 150.. why a copper would tell her I am very dubious about but either way she was wrong and in my opinion very disrespectful at what was a very early stage of what must have been a harrowing tragic event for the brave emergency services to deal with. I notice she's not commented on the fraudulent claims.

And if you watch more of these video she is critical of how long it was taking to identify bodies... Didn't see her wanting to go in and help. At the time of the interview the media said 17 dead and that is expected to rise (which Jon Snow told her), but she was having none of it. She claims to have been told its 150.. why a copper would tell her I am very dubious about but either way she was wrong and in my opinion very disrespectful at what was a very early stage of what must have been a harrowing tragic event for the brave emergency services to deal with. I notice she's not commented on the fraudulent claims.
Aye but the emergency services spoke to her off the record (wonder why? Did they not trust their official channels?) and she repeated what they'd told her. Strange to have a go at her IMHO

Do you reckon they'd have let her in then? I expect she didn't realise you could just volunteer.

Tbf she was only doing what Sky News usually do. Kay Burley saying "We are hearing of at least 300 people killed" at 2pm is usually rounded down to about a dozen by 11pm when everyone's just heading off to bed.

It's the only way her name will get a mention,it must kill her her 'songs ' never get any air time etc .

She's a Tefal headed attention seeker craving some attention and retweets .

She did have a single out about then mind.

Nah just like they won't have speculated to her on the death toll like she claims they did

Despite literally everyone speculating on the death toll. I visited the area and people were quite freely speculating and questioning the death toll. Firemen and Police were in the streets, writing messages along with everyone else, speaking with people. While they didn't state anything official, do you believe they weren't speculating too "off the record"? It all seems quite believable I am afraid.

Despite literally everyone speculating on the death toll. I visited the area and people were quite freely speculating and questioning the death toll. Firemen and Police were in the streets, writing messages along with everyone else, speaking with people. While they didn't state anything official, do you believe they weren't speculating too "off the record"? It all seems quite believable I am afraid.
But speculating isn't official is it? The media simply reported the current death toll and stated it was likely to rise which Jon Snow even told Lily Allen who was having non of it. Turns out the speculating proved to be way off. Allen most likely have kicked off if the media printed "150 dead" and now it seems the figure is only half that

Lily Allen is not the villain of Grenfell. She's nothing more than a celebrity rent a gob. I doubt her words made the blindest bit of difference, given that scores of people died anyway.

An apology from her should come well after apologies from every single one of those even the slightest bit responsible for the loss of life.

Unfortunately for the human race in general Lily Allen, albeit she is a vacuous opportunist bandwagon-jumper, has a large following of impressionable young people who will form some of their opinions and outlook on life based on the words that tumble from her spouting mouth. What she says does make some difference in the big picture around the tragedy.

Back