Massive fire in London

Who knows, the enquiry will or should establish that, certainly the residents feel that individuals should be arrested, a charge of corporate man slaughter will not address that, individual on radio whilst I'm typing is demanding that individual(s) go to prison

fairly basic fact of English law, is that to arrest someone, you need to have reasonable suspicion that they committed an offence. that will come, but a lot has to be done before that. otherwise it is a case you done it, no I didn't. You did, no I didn't. That does not really help anyone.

Who knows, the enquiry will or should establish that, certainly the residents feel that individuals should be arrested, a charge of corporate man slaughter will not address that, individual on radio whilst I'm typing is demanding that individual(s) go to prison

does he just want anyone to go to prison or does he want the people who allowed this to happen, to go to jail

I was down London last weekend and went up to Notting Hill..did Portobello Road market on Sunday..walked a canny way down then my Niece asked if we could go back into central London..googled the nearest tube which was Ladbroke Grove..turned left off Portobello Road to go down to Ladbroke Grove..busy talking then I suddenly looked up and Grenfell Tower was just there..right in front of us..when we got on the platform of Ladbroke Grove tube you could see it even clearer..must have been no more than 150 yards away...awful to see.

I was down London last weekend and went up to Notting Hill..did Portobello Road market on Sunday..walked a canny way down then my Niece asked if we could go back into central London..googled the nearest tube which was Ladbroke Grove..turned left off Portobello Road to go down to Ladbroke Grove..busy talking then I suddenly looked up and Grenfell Tower was just there..right in front of us..when we got on the platform of Ladbroke Grove tube you could see it even clearer..must have been no more than 150 yards away...awful to see.

I was there anarl like on Sunday. At Latimer Road too, about 50yds away. Eerie.

if they can lie about how many people perished, they can lie about flammable cladding... jus saying

This I'm afraid. See Grenfell everyday on my commute and spent a lot of time there. There are still swathes of posters of people missing and unaccounted for.

There are all sorts of rumours flying about; the 'true' number of missing people, the true cause, the allowance of deliberate delapidation. Nothing but speculation but after living relatively close by for a year, some of it starts to make sense.

Think of all the lies and cover ups we've seen. This will be no different

This I'm afraid. See Grenfell everyday on my commute and spent a lot of time there. There are still swathes of posters of people missing and unaccounted for.

There are all sorts of rumours flying about; the 'true' number of missing people, the true cause, the allowance of deliberate delapidation. Nothing but speculation but after living relatively close by for a year, some of it starts to make sense.

Think of all the lies and cover ups we've seen. This will be no different
All of those things are very different to what Jamieboy was claiming though. Well, certainly 1 and 3, with 1 being an especially hard job for anyone to quantify accurately, given the situation. Doesn't make that a cover up per se.

bbc reporting the death toll may be under 80.............. I wonder if Lily Allen has anything to say about that after she slagged the authorities off for not stating "100"s literally days after the fire.

A death toll of almost 80, possibly more, and it's the words of Lily Allen that are your main concern?

How odd.
He makes a fair point, she slammed the authorities for lying and covering up the truth. It certainly won't have help to calm tensions between residents and the authorities.
So yes, the right thing to do would be for her to come out and apologise.
I wouldn't have thought her words are anyone's 'main concern' but it's a point worth of discussion.

Back