Massive fire in London

Irresponsible of police to make that statement, if CPS disagree and don't proceed with prosecution they'll be hell on

"After an initial assessment of that information, the officer leading the investigation has today notified the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and the Kensington and Chelsea Tenancy Management Organisation that there are reasonable grounds to suspect that each organisation may have committed the offence of corporate manslaughter under the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007," it added.

I don't think that is an unreasonable statement at all. I said that after the fire. They are not saying they are being charged.

police are also giving warning, if you dispose of evidence, you will be guilty of other offences

imagine having to choose who to try and save, and who to let die, no matter how old they are.... :(

yes terrible choice to have to make and something the mind is not prepared for

Unfortunately so, the mind is complex as fuck and something as traumatic as that can rewire it permanently

totally agree

"After an initial assessment of that information, the officer leading the investigation has today notified the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and the Kensington and Chelsea Tenancy Management Organisation that there are reasonable grounds to suspect that each organisation may have committed the offence of corporate manslaughter under the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007," it added.

I don't think that is an unreasonable statement at all. I said that after the fire. They are not saying they are being charged.

police are also giving warning, if you dispose of evidence, you will be guilty of other offences

totally agree

Commend them on that but let's hope they stay true to their word, I'm cynical as fuck like but that's just me

totally agree

there are residents who don't understand why arrests have not been made, that statement will only aggravate that situation and it'll be even worse if CPS decide for what ever reason not to proceed with a prosecution. The less made public at moment the better IMO

The residents are even more cynical and the final say about prosecutions rests with the CPS not the police, if the CPS come to a different conclusion what then?
I think we both know what happens then, and let's be honest it's been coming for a while... the people are fed up. I think we may have already passed the point of no return and the tinderbox is merely waiting for the spark

there are residents who don't understand why arrests have not been made, that statement will only aggravate that situation and it'll be even worse if CPS decide for what ever reason not to proceed with a prosecution. The less made public at moment the better IMO

In order to build a picture of what happened it needs time and patience. The investigators also need to know how council procedures work. The allegations against organisations are relatively simple. Against individuals is at the other end of the spectrum. They will need to examine mountains of paperwork, committee meetings minutes, notes. Interview hundreds of people, hundreds of computers, masses of emails. All this needs to be recorded.

people are saying they don't want to be lied to which is fair but the investigation team needs to be as open as the integrity of the enquiry will allow.

Was not the Tenancy Management Organisation not made up mainly of tenants?
I think that the TMO's rules allow just over half the Board of a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 15 people to be made up of tenants and the rest Council appointees and "independent" members.

The politics of organisations like these often means however that the agenda of the Board and its decisions are often totally dominated by the Chair of the Board working in close association with the Chief officer / executive. The Chair of this TMO may be a tenant of K&C but I can't say. In my experience it would be unusual to find that the Chair of such an organisation was a tenant.

Is corporate manslaughter one of the ones where after a 10 year court case and massive fine they can just funnel the funds elsewhere, close the company down, start up under a different name and avoid having to deal with it?

Is corporate manslaughter one of the ones where after a 10 year court case and massive fine they can just funnel the funds elsewhere, close the company down, start up under a different name and avoid having to deal with it?
Cynical but yes and it's going to be difficult to do that with Kensington council but what ever no one individual will be held accountable if they go that route

thought the programme last night was brilliant
a very good insight into what we do, and how we get on with not very nice things as a watch
well done itv

Clearly a very difficult situation. The victims have to be very careful though, if the authorities get to the point where they believe nothing will be good enough to satisfy them then everyone is stuck. Shouting and screaming at everyone who takes the job on isn't going to encourage anything other than more division.

Was one individual at fault?
Who knows, the enquiry will or should establish that, certainly the residents feel that individuals should be arrested, a charge of corporate man slaughter will not address that, individual on radio whilst I'm typing is demanding that individual(s) go to prison

Back