Massive fire in London

Not really. It's in the middle of social housing and it won't be desirable knowing that the tower was on it

It's not a huge site.

Be better off sticking a community garden on it and the rest given over to the academy school for some basketball/ tennis court facilities

Take my insinuation of an insurance job out of it.

The people responsible for the scale of this tradegy are going to pocket 1 billion pounds at least.....

Let that sink in. 1 billion pounds. How much of that will be pocketed by the crooks?

yeah that's spot on ! everything is being kept hush hush atm! and will probably stay that way
Why? If people know things, it should be 'leaked' anonymously .

There is nothing to say they are going to get a billion at all
Logon or register to see this image

I haven't noticed it mentioned, but they're saying the cladding gives off cyanide gas when burned now! :eek:

Last edited:
Take my insinuation of an insurance job out of it.

The people responsible for the scale of this tradegy are going to pocket 1 billion pounds at least.....

Let that sink in. 1 billion pounds. How much of that will be pocketed by the crooks?

'Pocketed by the crooks'. :lol:

This is'nt scooby doo mate. I'm pretty certain council insurance claims don't go into individuals personal accounts.

I haven't noticed it mentioned, but they're saying the cladding gives off cyanide gas when burned now! :eek:

we aren't allowed ! we fear the sack mate, if you look at someone the wrong way these days your a gonner !
the accounts from ffs that have been leaked have had a visit from the powers that be already ! and all others who were there have been told not to talk to the press, or they will face diciplinery charges (leading to the sack !)

we aren't allowed ! we fear the sack mate, if you look at someone the wrong way these days your a gonner !
the accounts from ffs that have been leaked have had a visit from the powers that be already ! and all others who were there have been told not to talk to the press, or they will face diciplinery charges (leading to the sack !)
I didn't exactly mean release a press statement about it! ;)

There is nothing to say they are going to get a billion at all

Errm that link I put up from Insurance business weekly begs to differ.

'Pocketed by the crooks'. :lol:

This is'nt scooby doo mate. I'm pretty certain council insurance claims don't go into individuals personal accounts.

How come in the reporting of this, the landlords have not been held accountable? No awkward questions, no press camped outside their doors, no nothing?

People talking about a perfect storm esqe disaster. Nope, it could've been avoided in my mind.

Last edited:

local council pushed to the brink to save money due to austerity. use cheaper materials etc, etc.

i see the cheif executive of the local council has resigned, first of many id imagine.

Errm that link I put up from Insurance business weekly begs to differ.

How come in the reporting of this, the landlords have not been held accountable? No awkward questions, no press camped outside their doors, no nothing?

People talking about a perfect storm esqe disaster. Nope, it could've been avoided in my mind.
First point: it is a criminal investigation, press are restricted on the information they can publish and how they can obtain it without damaging any future court case.

Second point: You could probably say that for 99% of incidents that they could have been avoided. The point is to learn from mistakes that have been made and make sure they don't happen again. Saying that doesn't detract from the enormity of this catastrophe, nor is it disrespectful to the dead. It is the same with a plane crash, find the cause, change procedures and regulations where necessary to make sure the same scenario can't arise again.
People want answers, of course, but they will need to wait until the facts are established. The authorities won't release any information until it is proven to be fact beyond any doubt.

RE: The insurance, all they mention is estimated figures, not a single fact in sight yet. Sounds more like they are preparing the markets (I presume they will be a listed company) for a massive liability heading their way. Far better to overestimate than under.

Last edited:
May has just announced tests have shown the cladding to be "combustible".

A lot of it is going to look at the French company who makes the panel and howit is marketed and sold.

how are their shares doing

Why on earth would you make cladding that is combustible. It's just beyond stupid.

Well I suppose you wouldn't use any wood in houses if that was the case. The simple answer is they never foresaw the outside ever catching fire.

So why produce them at all? For what use? If they burn so readily what use can they be to anyone. Makes no sense at all to me mate.
this baffles me as well

they make two kinds..one that burns and one that doesnt....Who in their right mind buys the one that burns??!?

and the whole cuts thing...its a Tory council so will have not suffered anywhere near what non tory local authorities have

they have cash reserves in the hundreds of millions of pounds...north east local authorities probably have between 2 and 8 million in cash reserves

this baffles me as well

they make two kinds..one that burns and one that doesnt....Who in their right mind buys the one that burns??!?

and the whole cuts thing...its a Tory council so will have not suffered anywhere near what non tory local authorities have

they have cash reserves in the hundreds of millions of pounds...north east local authorities probably have between 2 and 8 million in cash reserves
Who makes cladding that actually burns? f***ing madness

this baffles me as well

Are you a Fireman Nick? If so do you reckon the cladding could be ignited from the outside? Or were the particular conditions that night required to produce this nightmare?

Back