Mason mount

Harry Winks is the one that has caught my eye.

Sorry for the pun, I think he’s a cracking player now, not a prospect.
I saw him in Watford recently. He's absolutely tiny which I found surprising. Our fans would probably hate him as a result. ;)

Disagree. Technically he's the best of the lot, well him or Foden anyway. Did you see his performance for Man U u21s vs Rotherham? Not the best opponents but he was easily the best player on the pitch and looks ready to start getting some appearances in the Premier league now.

I don't think we have anyone at this level tbh mate. Would love to proved wrong though!

Sancho, Foden, Gomez, Hudson-Odoi, Brewster, Gibbs-White, Sessegnon plus a few others all came through the same age group, probably the most talented group we've ever produced.

I think you are overplaying how good they are now.

Several of them have made less than ten appearances in the league so how can you say they are the most talented group we have ever produced when they’ve barely played and you personally can’t have even seen them play much at the highest level?

We do seem to have some cracking prospects all of a sudden. Without jumping the gun, what do people think the reason for this is? The influx of foreign managers around 10 years ago?

We do seem to have some cracking prospects all of a sudden. Without jumping the gun, what do people think the reason for this is? The influx of foreign managers around 10 years ago?

Dare we say these are the winners from the academy system that was introduced?
Mount will be a quality goal scoring midfielder in the near future imo. Looks really good and the two games he has done well in this season have been against Man Utd and Liverpool by the way - world class midfield players aplenty on the pitch.

Money. Even the mid table PL teams will be outspending a lot of top European clubs on youth development.

Him and foden just need to beef up a bit,they are gonna be good players.
Possibly great. But early days. Just hope they fill their potential.
This transfer ban could end up being a positive for Chelsea. If not this year for years to come, it's going to force them to look to youth.
Lampard did that at Derby. Think he might've done that anyway at Chelsea without being forced to, transfer embargo or not.
The only thing that can stop Mount being a top class footballer now is himself, in my opinion. (or a horrendous injury, God forbid)

Last edited:
Possibly great. But early days. Just hope they fill their potential.

Lampard did that at Derby. Think he might've done that anyway at Chelsea without being forced to, transfer embargo or not.

He didn’t in the traditional sense.

Their four top scorers were two loans and two buys. Wilson, Mount, Marriott and Waghorn.

Back