Mason Greenwood

Fair enough....so he had a shit game?

Who doesnt?

Don't get me wrong - I am not writing off Gomez - I think he can develop into the excellent defender we need - but it's tough at the top and our rivals have some very unforgiving defenders - and attackers like Mbappe, etc... with whom bad days are not allowed.

I personally dont think he should be considered for england yet, let him just play football, let him develop without the added pressure of england. 7 games in and already people want him fast tracked into the england squad for the euros.

In all my years watching England, the 2 players who frightened the opposition most were Rooney in 2004 and Owen in 1998, when both were very very young, people of Greenwood's age have no baggage and no fear, and frighten the opposition, I would have no worry about throwing in if he develops next year.

Reminds me of Rashford when he broke on the scene.

England has some f***ing unreal talent now mind. We really should be looking to win a major tournament and it not being a ridiculous pipe dream

Sadly we lack a good enough defence to seriously consider ourselves winners.
Will be exciting watch though.
central defence not world class - Maguire, Stones and Gomez are all error prone. Got to sort out a strong midfield - Hendo -Rice - Foden anyone? Up front the problem is who to leave out!

If Rice is a first choice we are in trouble.

Last edited:

Back