Masks Work

Here you go for all of the sceptics on here saying where is the evidence. The largest study to date based on 350k people has been published. It’s a long report but you only need to read the abstract. Simple fact is it shows they reduce transmission, even with randomised surgical and commercial masks

Research rewarding those who have been following the rules since the start

On York Stn yesterday quite a few not wearing masks, transport police just walking past, trains packed and footbridge same after each train, recipe for disaster.
Train I caught had about 60% wearing masks. We are going to squander any progress we’ve made against covid.

As soon as on the spot fines start happening, they won’t be needed as people will comply. It’s not hard.

you’re anti mask, we get it

How am I anti mask? Ive complied 100% with government legislation when it comes to wearing one. Do I like wearing them, no. Do I want to live in a society where they become the norm, no. I fail to see why that makes me anti mask

Could you not have hoyed this in one of the other threads? You've hardly been over this sub section for weeks, then a sniff of bad news and you are back all over it. I'll whisper this quietly but its like you are thriving in the sudden down beat tone

It's all good news at the moment. 713 people being admitted into hospital in a day is as good as we could possibly have hoped for given the number of positive tests over the last few weeks.

He's put a post up about masks, if you have an objection to his post then it could be a good idea to talk about masks.
Why? It's the biggest scientific study on face coverings we've seen so far.

I was a face covering sceptic so research like this is welcome

It's not. The biggest study seen so far looked at respiratory illnesses over the course of decades and the incidence of mask wearing in the community. All countries and respiratory illnesses were supported with footnotes for anyone to argue different. The conclusion was that mask wearing is highly effective providing enough people in the community wear masks, and not just surgical masks.

Last edited:
Interesting seeing the different experiences people have had. It seemed to me that there were a lot more people wearing masks than has been the case for a while now (even when walking outside on their own which I do find a little strange).

In the Arndale centre in Manchester last Friday I would say compliance was about 10%
Here in Carlisle it is about 50% but seems to be diminishing already.

Asda yesterday tea time loads of people not wearing masks mostly under 25's but quite a few older ones who you'd think would be more compliant

Back