Masks at work.

hi just went back to work this .
One of rules for a safer working environment is the compulsory wearing of face masks.
I understand the importance of reducing risks n that but I work in a warehouse with nobody near me most of the day except in the canteen when the full shift of 16 can all sit together and pass in close proximity to each other without having to wear masks.
Anybody else have issues like this.
not yet because im still working from home but it will be interesting to see what they do when i go back to the office and tell them i will not wear a mask under any circumstances whilst at work or anywhere else in the world

hi just went back to work this .
One of rules for a safer working environment is the compulsory wearing of face masks.
I understand the importance of reducing risks n that but I work in a warehouse with nobody near me most of the day except in the canteen when the full shift of 16 can all sit together and pass in close proximity to each other without having to wear masks.
Anybody else have issues like this.
You dont need to wear a mask at ours if you can maintain 2m distance from other workers.

Depends though.
If you're just driving about and not having anyone in the car at all then yes i agree.
But, if you're going somewhere - shopping for instance - then surely you're better of putting the mask on as you leave the house, and not taking it off or touching it until you get back homwe.
Messing around with it and taking it on and off is risking contaminating it.

Can understand not wearing a mask whilst in the canteen (similar to being in the pub), but surely there should then be some sort of 'social distancing' regulation in place.

Fair do's. That does make sense.

Most people who CAN work from home may be working from home. I wager most people are not. From this week anyone not wearing a mask at work and gets the virus will have the place closed down for two weeks. That may mean forever for some businesses.
we at work have to wear a dust mask all the time due to being in a dusty environment mixing ingredients,those that pack the products have just to wear a visor which has just been implemented 4 weeks ago.What web site says companys will be closed down ?as we have not been informed of this.

we at work have to wear a dust mask all the time due to being in a dusty environment mixing ingredients,those that pack the products have just to wear a visor which has just been implemented 4 weeks ago.What web site says companys will be closed down ?as we have not been informed of this.
There isn’t one, he’s made it up.

My wife works in a pharmacy in constant contact with the general public. They were issued guidance last week that they must wear visors or masks where applicable from this week. If any member of staff catches the vitus while not wearing a visor, the business would close for two weeks. The pharmacy business is no longer the money spinner that it was, two weeks closure would literally have consequences that would close it for good.
There isn’t one, he’s made it up.
I would expect better from a man of your alleged standing. There is one I have no reason to make things up.

Last edited:
My wife works in a pharmacy in constant contact with the general public. They were issued guidance last week that they must wear visors or masks where applicable from this week. If any member of staff catches the vitus while not wearing a visor, the business would close for two weeks. The pharmacy business is no longer the money spinner that it was, two weeks closure would literally have consequences that would close it for good.

I would expect better from a man of your alleged standing. There is one I have no reason to make things up.
That will have been the pharmacy's guidance, not government. There is no government guidance that says you have to shut for 2 weeks if someone with coronavirus has been on your premises.

That will have been the pharmacy's guidance, not government. There is no government guidance that says you have to shut for 2 weeks if someone with coronavirus has been on your premises.
Where did I mention who or where the document was from ? All i can say is it was an official document, where from, I will have to ask.

You said all businesses will have to close for 2 weeks if they have a case of covid, who other than the government could say that?
I said that if the staff are not using their visors or where appropriate, masks and one member catches covid 19 the business closes for two weeks. If they are wearing protection then that does not apply. I know, I have no idea how this could ever work but they have the notice. Believe me due to swingeing cuts pharmacy is having a hard time ata. A two week shutdown would see quite a few off. Dont ask me how it could ever be overseen but typical of this mob. My wife says it’s from government. I will see If I can get a copy on Monday.

Last edited:
I used to think that, why the hell drive with a mask on, no one else in the car.
But as a job now, I do this, once it’s on it’s seems fine.
I also find wearing gloves and sanitising my gloves rather than my hands works best for me.
Main advantage is I never touch my face with gloves on for some reason.
If I don’t wear gloves I touch my face regularly, why I don’t know.
Yes, I find that the gloves are a constant reminder to keep your hands off your face.

Correct but spliting the shift up on different breaks would enable keeping distances.
My point is why wear a mask when working and well spaced but no need in canteen when bunched a lot closer
Both are a risk but it's about lessening the opportunity for risk where it's impossible to have no risk . I say to lads at work yes sometimes we can't be two metres about part but that doesn't mean at every possible opportunity we should be .
We have mask available as an option ,it's up to individuals to choose .I feel that covers our obligation in a controlled workforce

Back