Masks and exercise

Historically the lifespan of pandemics is 2 to 3 years. Then things go back to normal.
I would settle for that now, I think we all know 21st June is pie in the sky, hence furlough extended until September. I think they’ll extend it to April/May next year too.

I would settle for that now, I think we all know 21st June is pie in the sky, hence furlough extended until September. I think they’ll extend it to April/May next year too.
They have said furlough is there to allow business to get up to speed with demand , it won’t be there from day one but will ramp up.

I’m being positive here, things will get better from June onward . I even booked a holiday for something to focus on

on topic, I’d struggle with a mask like at the fym 10% is quite a bit with cardio . Will see if it’s implemented here but hope it’s unlikely

You sounding like a broken record now 😬
Because we are told the end is 3 months away yet the measures keep getting stepped up - making kids wear a mask in class, forms if you want to leave the country, now even talk of masks being worn when exercising.
They have said furlough is there to allow business to get up to speed with demand , it won’t be there from day one but will ramp up.

I’m being positive here, things will get better from June onward . I even booked a holiday for something to focus on

on topic, I’d struggle with a mask like at the fym 10% is quite a bit with cardio . Will see if it’s implemented here but hope it’s unlikely
I hope so. I won’t be booking any holidays for years. Not risking the quarantining etc. and we know this government are capable of changing travel regulations in an instant.

Last edited:
Because we are told the end is 3 months away yet the measures keep getting stepped up - making kids wear a mask in class, forms if you want to leave the country, now even talk of masks being worn when exercising.

I hope so. I won’t be booking any holidays for years. Not risking the quarantining etc. and we know this government are capable of changing travel regulations in an instant.
You are consistently the biggest mood hoover on here. Can't be good for you repeating the same negative things everyday.

Once most the adult population have vaccine you should start see drastic improvements and relaxations .
Stop being so negative if can - not good mental health and destroying your life

This.

The kids are back at school rejoice! The first step in the road to economic recovery and normality.

A study of only 12 people said it made on average a 10% drop in oxygen levels.

They do say more research is needed, that is clearly not the be all and end all, but the figure does suggest that some of the dozen people had more than 10% reduction in oxygen levels. That feels a bit worrying to me.

I can't say I fancy it and would want more research done before it ever came to force. But, one key thing about exercising is that you need to take on plenty of water.

One of the key bits is "Conclusions Protection masks are associated with significant but modest worsening of spirometry and cardiorespiratory parameters at rest and peak exercise. The effect is driven by a ventilation reduction due to an increased airflow resistance. However, since exercise ventilatory limitation is far from being reached, their use is safe even during maximal exercise, with a slight reduction in performance."

They say a significant worsening of respiration, but within safety limits. What they don't say is if they explored the benefits of masks while also being able to take on fluids. Imagine running on a treadmill, your oxygen levels are lower than normal, you need a drink and pull down your mask. Your first natural reaction is to take in some big gulps of clear air. You then take some mouthfuls of drink while running and breathing. That puts more moisture in the air as you exhale and you exhale with more force. Is this better or worse than not wearing a mask at all?

Absolutely nothing would surprise me now.
We have months left of restrictions despite plummeting hospitalisations and a massively successful vaccine roll out.
What is Boris doing to us all ?
Whatever happened to driven by data not dates ?
Are the authorities prolonging the lockdown to condition the country to accept future lockdowns as the norm ?
I give up. I just find it very difficult to accept that the objective of this very long lockdown, stretching into summer , remains unchanged from the original intention namely that of protecting the NHS and saving lives.

Absolutely nothing would surprise me now.
We have months left of restrictions despite plummeting hospitalisations and a massively successful vaccine roll out.
What is Boris doing to us all ?
Whatever happened to driven by data not dates ?
Are the authorities prolonging the lockdown to condition the country to accept future lockdowns as the norm ?
I give up. I just find it very difficult to accept that the objective of this very long lockdown, stretching into summer , remains unchanged from the original intention namely that of protecting the NHS and saving lives.

Go back to normal too quickly, the virus spreads out of control again and we are back to square one. Hope this helps.

Back